Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 5:10:48 PM EDT
I'm trying to put a set of Knights RAS handguards on my bushy and I just can't seem to get the top portion on. The delta ring is almost impossible to push down, then the barrel nut doesn't seem to line up with the handguards. Is there some sort of trick to installing handguards?
Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone hear is selling a cool tool that will help you pull down that delta ring without any problems.  Maybe someone can post a link.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a metal wall hanger with a piece of string attached to pull down the ring.  I made my own little ring holder-down-thingy using pieces of folded steel and 2 rachet straps.  I squeeze the metal holders in the ring, loop the straps around the end of the buttstock and rachet away until the guards pop off.

You could also try banging it and yelling really loud, that works too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Got'em on. Apparently I wasn't yelling loud enough.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top