Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 7:32:00 AM EDT
My battery died and everytime I try and jump start it the alarm goes off....how do keep the alarm from going off?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop pressing the button on the toy car that makes a siren noise to begin with..
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Yank that POS alarm out & throw it away. They're less than worthless & only piss off your neighbors.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yank that POS alarm out & throw it away. They're less than worthless & only piss off your neighbors.

It's a feature of most alarms to go off if power is disconnected/reconnected.  If you're having battery problems, then you'll have to disconnect the alarm until it's sorted out.  Find where the main module is hiding and either pull the fuse or unplug the whole thing.  Careful, if it has a starter interrupt then you may have to bypass it.

Is your battery dead or just discharged?  If you can charge it, just stuff some rags into the siren to muffle it and connect your battery charger.  Withing a minute or two you should be able to just turn the alarm off with the remote, and leave it off until the battery is charged.

I don't know why BobCole is calling it a POS - it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do.  Several years ago after suffering a rash of auto breakins on my block (including mine) I installed an alarm.  The first time I didn't even hear them when they smashed my window and stole my stereo.  But when they came back after the alarm, it woke me up and I rushed out with a pistol in time to catch the asshole.  DrawDown and Dial911 later and the LEOs arrest the asshole on his Third Strike.  He's now doing 25-Life for busting my car window.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nuke it from orbit.......to be sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top