Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:37:30 PM EDT
Nigerian investment scam! Check out this beauty I got in my email:

DEAR SST7,

I AM MR. CHRIS TAYLOR, THE BILLS AND EXCHANGE DIRECTOR AT THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE DEPARTMENT OF AFRICBANK NIGERIA PLC. I AM WRITING THIS LETTER TO SOLICIT FOR SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE FROM YOU TO CARRY OUT THIS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN MY DEPARTMENT.

LYING IN AN INACTIVE ACCOUNT IS THE SUM OF $11 .5MILLION USD BELONGING TO A FOREIGN CUSTOMER (LATE MR. JOHNSON K. SST7 ) WHO HAPPENS TO BE DECEASED. HE DIED WITH HIS WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN IN A PLANE CRASH ON BOARD AN ADC AIRLINE FLIGHT AT THE EGIRIN RIVER-LAGOS NIGERIA IN NOVEMBER 1997. EVER SINCE HE DIED THE BANK HAS BEEN EXPECTING HIS NEXT OF KIN TO COME AND CLAIM THESE FUNDS. TO THIS EFFECT WE CAN NOT RELEASE THE MONEY UNLESS SOMEONE APPLIES FOR IT AS NEXT OF KIN, AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDE LINE.

UNFORTUNATELY HE HAS NO FAMILY MEMBERS IN NIGERIA OR ANYWHERE WHO IS AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE MONEY (AS HE WAS A CONTRAC TOR WITH THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA). AT THIS JUNCTURE I HAVE DECIDED TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU IN COLLABORATION WITH TWO OTHER OFFICIALS IN THE BANK, TO THIS EFFECT WE SOLICIT YOUR HELP IN APPLYING AS THE NEXT OF KIN THEN THE MONEY WILL BE RELEASED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS YOU HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME.

WE DO NOT WANT THIS MONEY TO GO INTO THE BANK’S TREASURY AS AN UNCLAIMED BILL. THE BANKING LAW AND GUIDE LINE STIPULATES THAT: IF SUCH MONEY(S) REMAINS UNCLAIMED FOR A PERIOD OF OVER EIGHT YEARS (8 YEARS) THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED IN TO THE BANKS TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED FUNDS.

OUR REQUEST FOR A FOREIGNER AS NEXT OF KIN IS OCCASIONED BY THE FACT THAT THE CUSTOMER WAS A FOREIGNER AND A NIGERIAN CANNOT STAND AS NEXT OF KIN. 20 PERCENT OF THE MONEY WILL BE YOUR SHARE AS FOREIGN PARTNER. THEREAFTER MY COLLEAGUES AND I WILL VISIT YOUR COUNTRY WITH YOUR HELP ONCE THE MONEY HITS YOUR ACCOUNT FOR DISBURSEMENT ACCORDI NG TO THE AGREED SHARING PARTTERN OF 20 FOR YOU, 10% FOR INCIDENTAL EXPENSES BOTH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL AND 70% FOR MY GROUP. YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS BEIGN EXPECTED.

PLS. THIS IS AN URGENT DEAL, DO REPLY ME IMMEDIATELY WITH ccyalor@yahoo.com

THANKS AND BEST REGARDS,

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
MR. CHRIS TAYLOR.

What ever will I do with the money? Where is Lawdog when you need him?

PS. I must have some sort of spyware or something for them to get my last name, no?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:40:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:04:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
barrister abobo and i have had a long term email relationship for years.

Ohhhh I hate that guy. Last time I got an email from Barrister N. Scammer. I sent him a dear john letter:

Dear Barrister,

we've had some laughs and it was fun. remember that time you tried to get my bank account so you could send 60% of $15,000,000 in USD? And instead I got you to pay arond $250 USD in shipping charges for some old inactive Sprint PCS phones and a bag of kitty litter? Those were the days my friend. Look, it was fun but it's over now so please stop sending me emails offering large amounts of money in exchange for personal info. Yes, I will understand if you would like to 'dead' me, just know that your hammer of dead or hacksaw of dead or broken beer bottle of dead or rock I found on the ground of dead will have to be used very quickly, because I sleep with the Smith and Wesson of dead and it weighed down by 6 Speer .357 magnums of dead.

Thanks for the good times
Sincerely
SMB

­
Haven't heard from them since that little gem of an email that I sent as a reply a few months ago
Top Top