Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 6:51:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
btt  - everyone must read -  and I thought my "Save the Whales" bumper sticker got the womenz...

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]
raf,

Your apology is truly pathetic. Why would you offer to "cease if she so she wishes", when you haven't done anything wrong? Your PC attitude sickens me so do us all a favor before you get back to your Lifetime Channel for Women movie. Cut your balls off and mail them in to Miss Magnum or whoever else because you don't need em!

This special offer goes for Striker too in light of his locking harmless threads in order to be kinder and gentler to the three women on this board. It seems to be that you have to be a righteous bible banger now to work as a Moderator on this board.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
"No response after an hour"... I'm sorry but I don't live on this board. [:D]

As for your comments, Striker's and anyone else who is professing to be trying to be "sensitive" to my or any other female's feelings... you missed my point.  Completely.  

Thank you, Ross, for your accurate interpretation of what I was trying to say.

I am not offended by what y'all say on this board... in fact, I find most of it pretty amusing.  I think the only thing that really shocked me was Goatboy's posting on McUzi.com of a guy (still alive) who's face was blown off by an M80... I [i]still[/i] can't scrub that image out of my head. [:(]  

The most frustrating thing as of late is how many people are deciding [i]for me[/i] what I might or might not find offensive.  You want to do that for all women?  Fine.  As for myself, if you ever piss me off, [i]believe me,[/i] you'll know! [:D]

If you read the "Locked All Three" thread you would see that I wanted LESS moderating and not more... RikWriter and myself both warned that if you are going to police to the tastes of people who offend easily you are going to make this board a PC haven.

What cracks me up is that, in the case of comments about black folks, it was white people who were the loudest in saying it was offensive.  Now, in the case of comments about women, it's the men who are saying it's offensive. [rolleyes]

And, lest you say I refuse to be made happy, what I would have liked to have seen in the original situation is to have a thread that explored racism but have THAT THREAD be closely monitored.  There is a lot of tippy-toeing around going on in regards to race relations and I think it would have been a wonderful opportunity to explore the issue.  I agree it COULD have devolved into name-calling but I think that is what the moderators are here for.

Ultimately it is the board admin's decision.  ::shrug::

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't like onions. But I like onion bagels.

I like to put lots of cream cheese on my bagels.

[:)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey, as I've said before, I can pretty much out do anyone in the disgust or annoyance area. I'm not a nice guy, I just play one on TV.

Seriously though, I am a SICK SICK individual.
View Quote

Whatever, drama queen!  LOL  

The only thing that got me is that I avoid that stuff like the plague and I never even saw it comin'... heck, if I could handle gore and pain like that I would be a veteranarian right now! [:D]

I also agree that we SHOULD be civil enough to discuss race relations, much as we did in the Confederate Flag thread which ran a number of pages long. The problem is, a few people are either to angry or quick to insult and threads like that eventually go sour. I'd be more than glad to discuss this stuff with anyone.
View Quote

You don't think moderators could cut the insults off at the pass?  I think it would be so enlightening for people to have to justify why they feel the way they do.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah... This is all well and good...  BUT!!!!

Where can I buy some M80's ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I know what picture you're talking about and think it's funnier than hell!!! Where do you start if you're the doctor????

"use some gauze to cover up the wound...fuck! it went down his throat...try and wet it down to clean the blood...fuck! he's gonna drown...etc etc."  Social darwinism at it's best!

What I would like to see now is the finished product assuming he lived.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#16]
As to Miss M's comment on who rises to the defense, this board I'm sure is made up by far of white males. Personally, being one of those white males, when a racist or sexist comment is made and I find it offensive I may make a counter statement if for no other reason than to show I don't share the same opinion. I want a wide variety of people to feel welcome here and if some statements go unchallenged I don't want that to be inferred as support.

I usually find the Moderators here to do an excellent job of balancing the comments.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
strange feelings of hunger I get after looking at it...

Pasta anyone?

View Quote

I was thinking more along the lines of undercooked hamburger.

I think MM has shown time and time again that she can handle her own and is not bothered by the posts here. All the chivalrous (sp?) machismo out there is a little out of hand. I do agree that locking a post because something might happen is a little too much regulation. If it gets out of hand...nuke it, but at least let it go that far before freakin out. Half of the racist dumbasses on this board are the ones that keep me entertained by their ignorance. We are all brothers-in-arms, so lets act like it. Just my $.02

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Getsome you wanna take it down a notch or you want to see the door?

-- GB
View Quote

Could I have some more options please? If I insulted anyone it's only because I intended to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top