Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 9:54:40 AM EDT
At times like these, our minds run all over the place. I'll give you a BRIEF walking tour of mine (scary, eh???? [BD] )

1. I was glad to see the contrails in the sky today, like a giant middle finger salute to those who would use one of our greatest technological achievements against us.

2. Took a first-timer to a gun show this weekend. He's looking into his first firearms purchase. A handgun. Good for him. Good for freedom. Bad for HCI. Bad for terrorists.

3. The stock market dropped almost 600 points today - less than at times when Alan Greenspan has farted. Yes, terrorists - you were just compared to a fart. Actually, you are LESS than a fart. You are a "gasser."

Well, that's all for now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nice to see people take pride in the country.  Saddened that it took an event like this to bring it about.
View Quote

It always does seem to take an event like this to bring out pride and Constitutional (i.e. firearm defensive) concern.  While we may be proud and great while we're active, we're less than noticeable when we're dormant - a bit of an oxymoron.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top