Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2001 6:40:51 AM EDT
www.worldnetdaily.com:

Reports say israel, britain, Y=uS are making preparations for war.

....Israel moving tanks and troops up north to border.

...US military forces in Europe being upgraded to Cond Bravo, similar to DefCon2, as of 1/20/01. Moving troops..

....Brit SAS moving to Middle East in a couple of weeks...

....69th Air Defense Brigade going to Middle East...
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a chance. Too much at stake for Israel.
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
War BAD!

Metallica GOOD!
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#3]
OPEC cuts production of oil and we start preparing for war?  Don't mess with our cars!
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
[size=2]I really dont think we will get involved with a war between Israel and the a-rabs. The saudi`s would kick us out in a flash. Israel has more than enough FIRE POWER <---(read NUKES) to handle any conficlt.[/size=2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It's 10yrs later and Sadam is moving lots of tanks and troops about.  So far only showing he's still around.  Looks like we're countering his move.  I wonder about our lack of troops and firepower compared to 10yrs ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
That is all the MidEast knows. They have been at it for hundreds of years. It's part of their disposition. If it's all you know, that's all you'll do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I would not worry about it yet.

Just look t what the US is doing over there and what they have planned.  Besides whenever a new prez gets appointed countries tend to move troops around.  I gues just to try and bluff.

sb
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
It's 10yrs later and Sadam is moving lots of tanks and troops about.  So far only showing he's still around.  Looks like we're countering his move.  I wonder about our lack of troops and firepower compared to 10yrs ago.
View Quote

I bet Sadam has new and better toys now too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
It's the Chinese that I'm worried about.  They are going to be pains in the butt as time progresses.  What sucks is that they've got 1/4 of the world's population and some pretty good resources.. . .not to mention some pretty good sources of info and technology info that all their spies are funneling over there. . .
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The Chineese HAD a good supplier of info and technology, but he's out of office as of today!
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
ESP's got that right. IMO we will be involved in some "conflict" (read: military engagement(s)) with China definitely within ten years, probably within five. We have done nothing (zero) to discourage their growing agressiveness in the region or their use of crude nationalism to fan the flames of resentment, envy, hatred among their own people against the U.S. particularly. The Pacific used to be our lake; now, when we need it the most, the Navy is decimated by eight years of Clinton/Gore neglect (at best; at worst, treason). We no longer have Clark, and we no longer have Subic Bay. We are in deep s*** in the WestPac. This is the first thing that GWB needs to get on. We cannot project power, particularly in the Pacific, without a STRONG Navy--and the Pacific is where it's at.

just my $0.02...
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]
 OPEC is planning more production cuts.  What if we stopped taking their shit and pulled our forces out of Saudi.  Iraq comes in to Saudi and all the Arabs are at war with each other.  We let them duke it out then go in and clean up.  No more OPEC.
Link Posted: 1/20/2001 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
War BAD!

Metallica GOOD!
View Quote
I could'nt have said it better myself! [8D]
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I would not worry about it yet.

Just look t what the US is doing over there and what they have planned.  Besides whenever a new prez gets appointed countries tend to move troops around.  I gues just to try and bluff.

sb
View Quote

I don't think GW Bush is the guy to try and bluff.
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 3:25:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Does IDF use the Galil or M16?
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I really don't think we need to worry about the Chinese tying up heavy cruisers in Long Beach. And we haven't used the canal for our main fleet for some time, the flat tops won't even fit anymore. That's why we have more than one fleet. The main thing to be concerned with is the possibility of mainland infiltration through mostly unprotected borders, Canada & Mexico. A medium to large force could mass and practically walk right in to any of our southern military bases and outfit themselves as they see fit. Tanks and aircraft included. Then we'd have a fight on our hands.  [sleep] I think It's time we wake up. Free trade and all that nonsense just serves to weaken our economy and our borders, I'd like to see alot of politicians up on charges of treason. [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
we already saw what a war over oil looks like. push start, pull start, or dotheads they all know! the chinease have the power just no way to get it here,and nothing to make us go there. the russians are finally getting on the right team. the real problem may be the ecu! the midle east oil will not be near as important as the cammel jokeys think now that gw is the man. we can get our own oil and put our own people back to work. china needs our food russia needs our money, the rest of the world wants our as# but they cant do much about it. this leaves the only problem as the ecu. they like us have it all and in history they have all tried to concor the world. now they are all on the same team!
i realy dont think this is going to be a time of war but if there was another word wide depression euro wold be the one to watch...pat
Link Posted: 1/21/2001 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Some dude right out of Iraq is coming to work on my shift.I'll ask him what the scoop is over there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#20]
"The main thing to be concerned with is the possibility of mainland infiltration through mostly unprotected borders, Canada & Mexico"

I don't think so. Do you really think the Chinese could mass forces in Canada or Mexico without us knowing and doing something about it?
[rail]    [rocket]  
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I read someplace that Saddom Insane was dead and his look-a-like double has now taken over.

Saddam Insane , what a real weirdo. Did he realy think his Bobby Brady bell bottoms were going to make a come back.

What's the scoop on his enfatuation with that wimpy BeeGees music, I thought Arabs grooved to that snake charming flute music?

[rocket]    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top