Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:16:55 PM EDT
that served in the 82nd Airborne over in Iraq.

I was going to my class, and I see this guy in army uniform, and the Airborne patch on his sleeve caught my eye. We passed in the opposite direction, and I turned around, and asked him "Excuse me, were you in the 82nd airborne?" He says yes. I proceed to shake his hand and say thanks for fighting for our freedom. He says he was glad to do it.

Thought I'd share.

Deej
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:17:33 PM EDT
You probably made his day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:18:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mauser101:

Maybe I did. Our soldiers do a very serious job and I don't think they get thanked enough.

Deej
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
I've done this many times, I've also left 'thank you' notes on cars with "My son/daughter is a (insert branch of service here)" bumper stickers.

Parents need thanked as well
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:25:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Originally Posted By Mauser101:

Maybe I did. Our soldiers do a very serious job and I don't think they get thanked enough.

Deej

Very nice little story, deej! Good job!

HH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:29:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironoxbows:
I've done this many times, I've also left 'thank you' notes on cars with "My son/daughter is a (insert branch of service here)" bumper stickers.

Parents need thanked as well

Exactly. They instill good values into our fighting men and women.

Deej
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:29:44 PM EDT
after reading "10 ways to spot a poser" i double take ever military uniformed person Although after a short couple of questions you can kinda tell whos full of shit and who aint. The ones who are not full of shit get a Thank You, and at meal time i have been known to pickup a tab or two.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:32:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:
after reading "10 ways to spot a poser" i double take ever military uniformed person Although after a short couple of questions you can kinda tell whos full of shit and who aint. The ones who are not full of shit get a Thank You, and at meal time i have been known to pickup a tab or two.

I didn't think he was a poser. And one of his friends is in my biology class. She says, my friend is dressed in his army uniform for speech class. I ask her if he said he was in the 82nd airborne. She said yes.

Methinks I didn't meet a poser.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:22:57 PM EDT
The title of the thread had me thinking that we were going to hear a report of how deej86 had decided to explore his "other" side.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:29:40 PM EDT
When I first read the title, I thought I was going have to post Eric Estrada saying, Youre a Homo!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:34:05 PM EDT
You two are nuts.

Repeat after me:

Read past the title, read past the title, read past the title.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:36:42 PM EDT
I came home last week from Iraq in Desert Camo, traveling through Baltomore, Minneapolis, and then Wichita. It truly amazed me the number of people who went out of their way to say thanks, or just see how I was doing. It made me proud to be serving each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:37:52 PM EDT

You two are nuts.

Repeat after me:

Read past the title, read past the title, read past the title.

it wouldn't be nearly so fun to do that!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:38:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mac130:
I came home last week from Iraq in Desert Camo, traveling through Baltomore, Minneapolis, and then Wichita. It truly amazed me the number of people who went out of their way to say thanks, or just see how I was doing. It made me proud to be serving each and every one of them.

Exactly. It's nice to get a thanks for a very special job.

All you servicemen and women overseas, I'd like to say thanks. You're very appreciated.

Deej
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:40:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mac130:

Exactly. It's nice to get a thanks for a very special job.

All you servicemen and women overseas, I'd like to say thanks. You're very appreciated.

Deej

And so are you!
Top Top