Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:36:19 AM EDT
I am a police officer in central Texas and an EA in the Lodge. Any other Masonic Polcie officers here?

Tinstar
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a Special PO (Reserve/Intermittent) for 18 years.

Currently a Constable, going on 7 years now.

Master Mason, Scottish Rite, Shriner and last VP of the Police Square Club of Mass (social org, now dead). I am not active in any of the orgs, except I try to make as many Blue Lodge meetings as possible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I was think about starting a Masonic Police organization here in Texas. I will have to wait till I get my MM but I think it would be a good idea.  
BTW: WHat do constables do in Mass? Here in Texas they have full police powers but there priority is civil.

Tinstar
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Soon to be a SW in my Blue Lodge, and presently a 32ND in the Scottish Rite,  Valley of Cleveland.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
mm past master of my lodge.

hooker lodge 366, hooker ok.
edited for lodge info
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Shhhhhhhhhh, GD will reveal our global conspiracy.
Seriously - Lodge PM, 32d - Valley of Columbus, RA Chapter member
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh great, cops that worship the "Great Architect" or Baphomet or whatever you want to call it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was think about starting a Masonic Police organization here in Texas. I will have to wait till I get my MM but I think it would be a good idea.  
BTW: WHat do constables do in Mass? Here in Texas they have full police powers but there priority is civil.

Tinstar

Constables in MA are very similar . . . we are appointed by the towns/cities that we serve, sworn in with LE powers. However reality is that we only get paid "piecework" by lawyers or parties in court actions, therefore there is no motivation to do normal police work for free. We do make arrests on warrants but most are for probate matters (deadbeat dads) and small claims cases, but again we have arrest powers statewide for any criminal matters.

MA is a state where the state police hate the local PDs, the local POs hate the state police. Everyone hates the sheriffs departments (only manage the jails and they have a civil division that serves civil process in competition with the Constables) and the Constables.

As for police Masonic orgs, take a look at this one. It is actually a NJ org, no idea how "real" they are.

www.intpolicesquareclub.org/
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
tagged.

<--most definitely not, now nor ever, a mason, nor a cop.

I'm genuinely curious - what is the purpose of starting such a 'club' for police officers who are masons?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, worship the hy
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
tagged.

I'm genuinely curious - what is the purpose of starting such a 'club' for police officers who are masons?

I'm genuinely curious also...Why must you ALWAYS jump into every Masonic thread and start stirring the pot?????
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Arowneragain,

If you are not a police officer, or a Mason, then why would you even respond to a thread that is for police? I am new hear and do not mean to offend, but your opion is not wanted .

Tinstar
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tagged.

the title of the thread speaks for itself. for masonic cops. you are neither... so you don't need to post or reply here. You are just trolling the masonic threads AGAIN. let it be and move on.ok.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree. It seems that there is a lot of that going on here. Whats the deal?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Another question, for the people that are in PUBLIC SAFETY and are MASONS, do you guys ever wear your rings on duty? I know a bunch of brothers hear in Texas and most of them do not. I am just a lowly EA so its not something I have to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Another question, for the people that are in PUBLIC SAFETY and are MASONS, do you guys ever wear your rings on duty? I know a bunch of brothers hear in Texas and most of them do not. I am just a lowly EA so its not something I have to worry about.

Nothing lowly about an EA, you've just begun your journey!!!!!I wear a simple stainless steel ring on duty. Very simple, with the S&C etched on the top. Most people never even notice it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I agree. It seems that there is a lot of that going on here. Whats the deal?

The trolls like to stir the **** sometimes. These anti threads usually last about 14 pages, eventually get locked, and sends everyone to bed with an upset stomach. No one wins an arguement on the internet....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not a cop, but I am a Mason and am a 32nd through Scottish Rite.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Bro Cap, you getting your knife and fork warmed up for the clambake Sunday????
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#21]
A clambake in OH????
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you Striker. I drove through Canada on my way to Alaska and I talked shop to some RCMPs in Prince George and they seemed pretty nice. WHat is the deal with having to lock up your guns at the office? Also, I did not notice very many Lodges in Canada. Are they not as prolific as in the US?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A clambake in OH????

For some reason clambakes are really popular in the Cleveland area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Huh, learn something new everyday. I grew up in Florida so we always ate seafood. The stuff is not very fresh here in Austin though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bro Cap, you getting your knife and fork warmed up for the clambake Sunday????

Damn Straight. Did you purchase us some custom butter warmers for this year?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A clambake in OH????

Yep. It's a yearly thing the Scottish Rite puts on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet. I can not wait till I get to MM so that I can join the Scottish Rite. My grandfather, bless his soul, was a 33' Mason and pretty high up in the York Rite. As best as I have been able to dig, I have like 4 generations of Masons on my fathers side of the family.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sweet. I can not wait till I get to MM so that I can join the Scottish Rite. My grandfather, bless his soul, was a 33' Mason and pretty high up in the York Rite. As best as I have been able to dig, I have like 4 generations of Masons on my fathers side of the family.

I am the 5th generation of Masons in my family since my Great Great Grandparents came here in 1880. I don't know how many generations of my Family belonged in the UK.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yes, I wear my ring, as do many in these parts (MA). Let's see, when I joined: At least one of the three Selectmen, Town Engineer, head of the Water Dept, chief of police, about 20% of the POs, etc. were Masons! Many of the above were officers and PMs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't wear any Masonic jewelry, other than maybe a PM, 32d, or RAM pin ona suit.  Of course, I don't wear any jewelry anyway, so....................................
Most of our Blue Lodge 32d's are Valley of Columbus, one or two from Valley of Canton.  Our secretary was Valley of Cleveland, and in our Shrine club.  I went up to a Cleveland Shrine open house once, but never got into Shrine.  The secretary, for some reason, was able to get the Cleveland Shriners to come all the way to our little city every year on Memorial Day or Labor day to do the Shrine motorcycle thing, and those little Krazy Korvette guys, and our local Shrine Club had those little mini Model A's.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay, I have noticed that you can post soemones comments in your response. How the hell do you do that? Do you have to be a menber?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#34]

User Info       IM User         Email User         Reply       Quote     Edit    

Quoted:
Okay, I have noticed that you can post soemones comments in your response. How the hell do you do that? Do you have to be a menber?

Use the quote button to the far right of the post you want to include in your reply..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top