Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2001 4:04:48 AM EDT
Who was it scraped the bottom of the wannabe barrel?  Come on, fess up!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I am sorry, but this Mall Security stuff is just TOOOOOOOOO FUNNNNNNNNY!!!!

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
throw in some WP, NV, an MP5 and the special shoes with training and I'm in!:)
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Wanna hear somethin scary. One of the malls around here lets their guards walk around with shotguns after they close. To protect the stores that are couting their money. Now that is scary...

[shotgun]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wanna hear somethin scary. One of the malls around here lets their guards walk around with shotguns after they close. To protect the stores that are couting their money. Now that is scary...

[shotgun]
View Quote

Why should this scare you?  I have a CCW just for that reason.  I make bank deposits after dark almost every day of the week.  So a mall that is concerned for the safety of its occupants is something to be afraid of?  Sounds a lot like something from the HCI agenda.  I hope you really don't think that way and that you didn't think that quote throught before submitting it.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Aggie 1,
No flame intended, but I'm wondering, did [i]you[/i] think that post through?  If a mall was that concerned about the safety of it's occupants they would be much better off hiring out and arming the local Boy Scout troupe.  No really, I'm NOT kidding.  Not a gun issue, just a fact of life.  
I know you are not mall security, to make a bank deposit you have to be able to count.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
What's wrong with that? I think we should carry shotguns at the mall during the day when we work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's wrong with that? I think we should carry shotguns at the mall during the day when we work.
View Quote

I agree with SF on this one!
We would not want any of the mall walkers to cut in front of another one!
Or somebody may throw one of those "illegal" nuggets at someone![:D]
Lynn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How 'bout it Aggie1, ready to jump on the bandwagon here?  For future reference my position- [b]DFTFT[/b] or [b]DFTFMSWDOG,[/b]  [i](Don't feed the F_______ Mall Security with Delusions of Grandeur),[/i] whichever the case may be.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was in college, this fat teenager was security at the campus bookstore.

I don't know how the hell he got away with it, but he 'open' carried a SIG.  His superiors must not have know about it, because I can't believe that a state college in a nice safe college town would let that fly.

I'm not against civilians being allowed to carry (the state did not allow CCW) but in this instance, I thought this was a BAD idea!  The kid looked like he was waiting for someone to f--k up so he could "draw down on them."  I mean this was an accident waiting to happen!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
When the military or local PD won't take you in there is always mall security
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I could join either, my friend. I prefer to work in this mall because it pays better and I see more action then on the streets.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I could join either, my friend. I prefer to work in this mall because it pays better and I see more action then on the streets.
View Quote

Where do I sign up to be a mall ninja security guard. Sounds like alot of fun, busting evil shoplifters.
I've been in mining for 18 years and it's time to retrain for a more exciting job. Have had some prior training in BSing, taking candy away from little kids when I was younger. What other qualification must I have to be among the best of the elite ninja squad.
Would a 454 Casull be too much of a handgun to start with. I was also thinking of getting a .577 Tyrannosaurus for sniping off the big gangbangers. Are these appropriate weapons or would something bigger have to suffice.
Also, would I get a weapon allowance to compensate for all the artillary I may need.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Let me guest most of you are police officers?
Whats wrong with someone wanting to make a living doing security at mall? It doesnt make you any better for having a job that pays more.
I do security for a big school complex (K-12). So I must be some kind of wannabe. My job is just as dangerous as a cops job. In the last 1 1/2 I been working on 3rd shift security. I had a knife pulled on me twice. countless numbers of drunks running around. A guy high on paint fumes. An I found two bodys that looked died(they were sleeping)laying under a bush an on top of a patio. I also run into groups of teenagers that are looking to fight. I have to worry about on eof the people with the knife coming back to get me, when Im walking around all those old (built in early 1900s)dark, building. Im not allowed to carry a gun. By the way I wish some day I can grow up an be just like this cop. an be on the swat team an everything. I can only dream

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?Dato=20010301&Kategori=NEWS02&Lopenr=103010113&Ref=AR

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Stand up, man. Be proud! I'm on your side...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats not the truth. Im more then just a security guard. Im also have a state license for asbestos. So Im a Master-abater.

my real title is
Security / Asbestos Management Director. Im make $28,000 a year not bad for being 21. Next year I will become Director of Operations which includes security, maint, an asbestos management Ill be in charged of over 20 people. when the current one retires. It starts at $41,500. Are any of you police officers making that after 2 1/2 years on the job?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the way I wish some day I can grow up an be just like this cop. an be on the swat team an everything. I can only dream

I can only hope and dream that you will go back to school and learn how to write properly before someone hands you a license to kill.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]
the erie news wasn't funny but MALL NINJA still is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
ever hear of Plano PD
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#20]
[
How 'bout it Aggie1, ready to jump on the bandwagon here?  For future reference my position- [b]DFTFT[/b] or [b]DFTFMSWDOG,[/b]  [i](Don't feed the F_______ Mall Security with Delusions of Grandeur),[/i] whichever the case may be. [/quote]

What's wrong with Delusions of Grandeur?  Its definately better than Delusions of Inadequacy.[:P]

By the way if we lure the trolls out from under the bridge so that we can bash them over the head is that considered feeding or baiting?  I think we need a Game Warden's opinion here.  Or is it even Troll season?  What's the bag limit?  Do we need a hunting license?  Darnit where's Ann Landers when you need her.[>(]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I have at least one position open for a mall securtiy guard.  E-mail me if interested.

Have a nice day
Ekie
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#22]
SpecialForces, I live in TN also and was wondering which mall is it that you are working in? I don't think I want to go into a mall that has all that potential for danger! That kind of stuff don't make it to the news papers, I guess to keep from scaring customers away. Help a brother out. Tell me where this den of vipers is. Thanks.¤¤¤¤¤¤
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#23]
"Keep your hands where I can see them and slowly...I SAID SLOWLY...drop the corn dog."

-Things Heard at Specialforce's mall.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Our group is so elite that the mall doesn't even know we're there. We were hired by the owner of the property. We have been instructed not to disclose the location for fear that the public might not come to our mall after learning what kind of crime is going on here. It's bad here, man. Real bad.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Our group is so elite that the mall doesn't even know we're there.

So its true you are a gosh darn true blue Mall Ninja.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our group is so elite that the mall doesn't even know we're there.

So its true you are a gosh darn true [blue]blue Mall Ninja[/blue].
View Quote

Yeah but we would never know they were there![:D]
Lynn [uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top