Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 7:34:59 PM EDT
Ok i have Kazaalite and i have some some songs that i want to put on a cd. so what do i need to do? do i have to convert them to some other format to be able to burn them onto a cd. i have - HP cd writer plus - if that makes any difference as to how i should do this.

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't it come with HP software?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the programs used to burn CD's will change the format for you.  I use MusicMatch (have to buy the upgrade though) and Easy CD Creator.  Be sure to use quality CD-R's though.  Many home and car CD player will not recognize a CD-RW.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i can copy other cd's but i'm talking about the mp3's i get from kazaalite, they are stored in a shared folder, but i don't know how to transfer them to the HP cd writer plus...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
(Had to go to the machine with the HP)

Open HP software
HP "My CD"
(OK)
Create New CD
Music CD from Audiofiles. . .
It ought to find the MP3's

I've never done this, though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Would help to know what program you're using.
For Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.x:
Pop a blank CD-R into the CD-RW drive, after a moment or two the project selector will pop up, select Audio CD, then add the mp3 files to the project (watch the size of the files, there's an indicator at the bottom), 70 megs worth of mp3s will be about one audio CD, then click the red button to burn.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Nero cd burning software will burn a audio CD from MP3 files you just tell the wizard you want to make an audio CD then drag the MP3 files into the burning window. Most CD burning software will now burn a audio CD from MP3 files. As stated above the full version of MusicMatch will. The trick is having CD burning software that will convert the MP3 files to the Audio CD format before burning.

http://www.nero.com/

http://www.musicmatch.com
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to add a little to the advice you've already received:

If your mastering software won't convert mp3 files to wav files, there are several shareware programs that you can download to handle this task.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(Had to go to the machine with the HP)

Open HP software
HP "My CD"
(OK)
Create New CD
Music CD from Audiofiles. . .
It ought to find the MP3's

I've never done this, though.
View Quote

Also you can hit the browse tab and search specific folders where you have MP3s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top