Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2014 1:36:13 PM EDT
The USPS has removed all the mailboxes from my area.  The only way to mail a letter is to leave it in my mailbox and hope the letter carrier doesn't lose it, or take it to the post office.  With the amount of other people's mail I get by mistake, I don't trust my letter carrier.

Is this something local to my area, or is the USPS removing these mailboxes from all over?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Saving money by not having to pick up mail from thousands of boxes.  Yes, all over the United States.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I never leave a letter in my mailbox for pickup.  Raiding mailboxes by a thief has been a problem for years.

I hate it... but drive to the post office to mail a letter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
We used to throw cats in those when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There used to be several of them around town.
Now the only two left are at the drive through lane at the post office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top