Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 2:08:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Best to stay out of trouble. Especially if you were CCW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You could have asked the manager to remove the person.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The local bar isn't always the best place to find the communities upstanding citizens. I would have either ignored him for being the stupid bastard he was, or I would have went ahead and told him what a stupid bastard he was, depending on the number of "refreshments" I had partaken of.

I definately would not have started a bar brawl and then pulled my knife. That is a good way to either get killed by a person(s) with bigger/more knives, or kill someone yourself in the heat of the moment and end up in prison.

Hopefully I would do the same thing as you.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Better to back down. My brother-in-law defended this lady's honor in a bar and the a-hole took hm for everything.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You should have bought the fellow a nice shot of schnapps, but having deposited a nice loogie in the bottom beforehand.

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya did good, bro!

RD
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
What about the point that right or wrong, the fact he is able to have his own beliefs is what make this country great?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The unfortunate cost of living in a free society is having to endure other people exercising their right to act like an in bred, gin soaked, stupid self hating asshole!  Good job of showing that you really are the superior person!  Been there done that myself and yeah its hard to do the right thing but you don't want to lower yourself down to their level.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It just irritates me no end that someone could be such a bona-fide A-hole, and I had to swallow my pride in my country to keep the peace, and have that be the "correct" solution.
View Quote

Just remember, this is another reason why America is such a great nation. That guy is still free to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. While I think his opinion sucks, he still has a right to it.

(edited to add- Damn 1Gunrunner, I stop writing my post to help decide what is for dinner and you beat me to the punch [:)])
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
(edited to add- Damn 1Gunrunner, I stop writing my post to help decide what is for dinner and you beat me to the punch [:)])
View Quote

Funny thing is, I quit thinking about what to have for dinner to write my post. - Priorities man! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You will notice that I did nothing to interfere with him, or disrespect his beliefs
View Quote

Ya but, you didn't give me a viable option in your poll.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What would have been your suggestion?  I'll include it, if possible.
View Quote

I usually like to vote  "Don't know" [:D]

BTW You can't edit a poll.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Just one one of the downsides of living in our great country where everyone is free to express themselves - no matter how repugnant their views may be to the rest of us.

Ignore it and be proud of being a real American who stood up for the REAL reason.

BTW - I always get a lump in my throat and chills down my back whenever I hear it played.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Trivia time.....The traditional way to salute the flag was the extended right arm until the late thirties and the start of WW2, when the Nazi salute became the same. The hand over the heart began at that time, only to differ from the Germans....fullclip
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#20]
See, that's what sucks about carrying.  When you carry, you have to go outta your way to "turn the other cheek."  Always play cool.

When unarmed, you can tell this scumbag what you *really* think of him!  And hope he doesn't blast or slice you, but came in with something similar to the two fists you are armed with.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I personally think what that guy did was/is bullshit.  HOWEVER, just cause i dont agree with what a person believes or does gives me the right to beat thier ass or cause an up roar over it.  I think you did the right and mature thing kpel.  You just made a perfect example of how mature, professional gun owners act.  For that i thank you sir.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#22]
you did good bye standing.  then you should follow the reject home and throw in a few (3) flash bang gernades in the room he is in.  :)[grenade]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I would have done the same thing you did, and would still be as pissed as you are.

Like FLGreg I get choked up hearing it played and just about brings a tear to my eye when I think about all the people who gave their life defending this country and its freedoms so trash like that guy can openly disgrace it.
[pissed]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top