Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:26:57 AM EDT
Why does Rush keep referring to the hurricanes as hurricane-vandenhouval? Like Katrina-Vandenhouval or Rita-Vandenhouval? I assume it's some sort of joke along the lines of the Rio Linda references, but I don't get the context.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
because he's stupid
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

It's a joke that he is using but since I missed the show when he first introduced it I don't get the joke. Just like the Rio Linda references, if you don't hear the explanation then the uses will not make sense. I was just wondering if anyone know what this was about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

Yeah, Rush is real "stupid". Look, if you're going to try to bring someone down a notch or two, it usually works best to point-out TRUTHS. Whether you like Rush or agree with him or not, the fact is, he's most-definitely NOT "stupid". The guy is a very good debater, with a very good memory, who manages to fill-up THREE hours a day speaking. You try that sometime. It is NOT as easy as you might think it is. Most people who do think that end-up filling their time with 90% "ummm" and "uhhhh".
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

Or just over your head.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, AS ALWAYS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
He is naming the hurricane after Katrina vanden Heuvel…

Katrina vanden Heuvel is a editor of “The Nation” one the nastiest leftist pieces of shit ever put into print. We are taking hard core leftist… can you say Communist. The Nation is an America hating rag and Katrina vanden Heuvel is the queen of its nastiness.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, it's even funnier now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay that explains the Katrina-Vanden Heuval part, but what about Rita-Vanden Heuval and Opehelia-Vanden Heuval?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted: He is naming the hurricane after Katrina vanden Heuvel… Katrina vanden Heuvel is a editor of “The Nation” one the nastiest leftist pieces of shit ever put into print. We are taking hare core leftist… can you say Communist. The Nation is an America hating rag and Katrina vanden Heuvel is the queen of its nastiness.
On target!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah, Rush is real "stupid". Look, if you're going to try to bring someone down a notch or two, it usually works best to point-out TRUTHS. Whether you like Rush or agree with him or not, the fact is, he's most-definitely NOT "stupid". The guy is a very good debater, with a very good memory, who manages to fill-up THREE hours a day speaking. You try that sometime. It is NOT as easy as you might think it is. Most people who do think that end-up filling their time with 90% "ummm" and "uhhhh".

Here's some truth for you:

Rush is a loser drug addict hypocrite that should have left the airwaves years ago but too many Kool Aid drinkers seem to not understand that just because someone has conservative views it does make them a good person.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty clear what he is saying when he says "mayor NAYger."
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rush is a loser drug addict hypocrite that should have left the airwaves years ago but too many Kool Aid drinkers seem to not understand that just because someone has conservative views it does make them a good person.

First of all, he was addicted to prescription pain killers after major surgury. Not the same as your average back-alley crack addict. Secondly, he never berated or advocated against drug use as far as I can remember, so how is he a hypocrite?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would the guy with the top rated radio program want to leave the air.

How about let the market decide... it did Rush stays.

You ain't to sharp or you might have known that...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#15]
My only complaint with Rush is that sometimes he isn't right-wing enough. He should be calling for more war!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#17]

On that line of thinking, do you then think that it's possible for someone to be a good conservative airway speaker even though you may consider them a bad person? Does that mean that if you disagree with someone elses actions that all of their opinions and observations are now no longer valid?

Just thought I'd add; there is a huge number of people that have become addicted to prescription pain pills in the United States. The medical community sees drug addiction as a kind of disease, like diabetes. A great many of the people that have become addicted to these pain medications are very difficult to fit into the "loser" catagory. Unless you are saying that becoming addicted to the pain medication that was overprescribed by your doctor is being a loser? I'm confused, maybe you'd like to clarify.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My only complaint with Rush is that sometimes he isn't right-wing enough. He should be calling for more war!

There's always M. Savage
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

DITTO!  Rush is a right wing wind bag that's just as off the mark as those idiots on Air America.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all, he was addicted to prescription pain killers after major surgury. Not the same as your average back-alley crack addict. Secondly, he never berated or advocated against drug use as far as I can remember, so how is he a hypocrite?

First off, He was buying drugs off the street, not filling a prescription.  Painkillers are a serious problem in the back alley, only difference is he had a servant to do his dirty work.  Regardless of how his addiction started he crossed the line and became a junkie.  My father in law just went through 2 years of Chemo and used Oxcotyn as prescribed,  he doesn't use them anymore and he isn't addicted.  Rush can try and make this sound like some sort of medical related thing, but it wasn't it was a junkie looking for a fix.

Previous to his public confession of addiciton and even during the time frame that he was using, he said on several occasions that all drug users should be eliminated (paraphased).  I don't have a link but this was played over and over when this was news.  Google would probably find you transcripts.

I used to like Rush, but they way he handled this whole addiction thing just proved that he thinks we're all morons and will believe whatever he says.  

He is a man without character regarldess of how witty he can be for 4 hours on air or becuase of where he lives.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public - H.L. Mencken.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

he's so stupid he's making $25,000,000.00+ a year from his show.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#24]
he's a boring neo-Con mouth-piece as well as sean vannity.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jealousy is a terrible thing!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DITTO!  Rush is a right wing wind bag that's just as off the mark as those idiots on Air America.

Sure.

ETA: Apparently, Ms. Vandenhoovle (or however the commie bitch spells her name) didn't appreciate Rush using her name, so he kept on doing it.

Payback's a bitch. I love how liberals can dish it out but can't take any of it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There's always M. Savage

He's awesome, too!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyone enjoy your Kool aid and help Rush get his retirement in order, he used to believe in what he said, now its all about ratings and market share.  

And if anyone thinks for a second this guy, who has so many clever little names like hurricane-vandenhouval and  Rio Linda, wasn't intentional with the mayor NAYger comment, then you've had enough punch, time to lay down and let the special ingredient kick in (hell maybe Rush shared his hillbilly heroin with y'all).
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public - H.L. Mencken.

So Mencken must have known you...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jealousy is a terrible thing!

You know nothing about me, I am not jealous of Rush, his wealth or his addiction in the least.

Hell, you have all labelled me a Liberal from the sounds of some of your comments, you don't even have that right.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Everyone enjoy your Kool aid and help Rush get his retirement in order, he used to believe in what he said, now its all about ratings and market share.  

And if anyone thinks for a second this guy, who has so many clever little names like hurricane-vandenhouval and  Rio Linda, wasn't intentional with the mayor NAYger comment, then you've had enough punch, time to lay down and let the special ingredient kick in (hell maybe Rush shared his hillbilly heroin with y'all).

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Wow. Imagine that. A BROADCASTER worried about ratings and market share! THE HORROR!

Big woop. Even if he meant it (which he didn't) so what?

Oh, yeah! Rush is a racist, right?

Yeah, that's why he had the most powerful ni**er (his words, I'm sure) in the country, Clarence Thomas, officiate his last marriage.

Racist. Yeah.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Mencken must have known you...

I don't listen to Limbaugh. As he described himself, he is a professional clown, not a political commentator.  He got that part right.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…

Dude, I ain't whining I'm laughing at all of you that seem to not be able to come to your own conclusions and feed off of what The Man tells you is the truth.  

Free thinking is what started this great nation, your lack of it will be its downfall.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Free thinking is what started this great nation, your lack of it will be its downfall.  

No, it will be your arrogant pontificating.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Dude, I ain't whining I'm laughing at all of you that seem to not be able to come to your own conclusions and feed off of what The Man tells you is the truth.  

Oh a “free thinker”…

a “free thinker” that sounds like a drone bee…
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Rush can do it but I can't?

Sorry, I don't like Rush and I think he does more harm for the Republican party than good.

Wish I could stay and chat, but i gotta get to a meeting.  If you want to have a logical debate about the lack of unity in the politcal parties and how its affecting the country I can continue this later, if you want to insult me, I'll read them later as well.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Yeah, that's why he had the most powerful ni**er (his words, I'm sure) in the country, Clarence Thomas, officiate his last marriage.

Don't let persuasive points and facts get in the way of an anti-Rush rant! Rush is eeeevvvviiiiilllll, he's Karl Rove's brother... They're listening.... [whisper]Halliburton[/whisper]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Rush Limbaugh is the greatest mind on radio and it eats people up to hear him speak truth and common sense. I wish I could listen more.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Most people who listen to Rush listen to him because... [I will say this slowly for you] He says things that they already think and agree with, and they want to know that there's at least SOMEONE who thinks likewise. . Same goes for most Hannity listeners. You really ought to know better. Get off your high horse and stop pretending that YOU alone possess intelligence and common sense. The mere fact that you believe that Rush listeners are all brain-washed robots speaks something about YOUR intelligence.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't listen to Limbaugh.

The more's the pity.

As he described himself, he is a professional clown, not a political commentator.  He got that part right.

Nonsense.

He claims to be an 'entertainer', not a clown.

Uuuuuh, yeah, big difference.

That is what the liberal asshats try and pass him off as, and they haven't done a very good job in doing so.

Not to worry, because he does an excellent job himself.

Reckon that anyone on any side of the political spectrum can take him on?

Nope.

Do you think Limbaugh would ever get into a fair debate where he didn't control the mike? Nope.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Have you ever seen the demographics of his listening audience?

Eric The(HappyDittohead)Hun

No. Do any of them still have all their teeth?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Neal Boortz doesn't call ole Maha Rushie the "Godfather" for nothing also Neal points out that very few individuals can analyze politics like the "Godfather".

I also just "love" it when people call him a doper since few now how screwed up his back is and just how farking easy it is to get addicted to prescribed pain meds.   My  Grandmother would be a doper too, since her Docter in the early 70's overprescribed her and got her hooked on morphine.  A few years later my Uncle opened the garage to find her dead behind the wheel of a running vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'm sure it couldn't be  anything so simple as a play on the mayor's response to repeated pleas by others to EVACUATE.    as in  " NAY, I'll Not do it."

I had to think for a bit to see the direction you were coming from.  It's not obvious unless you are thinking about race anyway.  A shame
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I don't like Rush and I think he does more harm for the Republican party than good.

Wish I could stay and chat, but i gotta get to a meeting.  If you want to have a logical debate about the lack of unity in the politcal parties and how its affecting the country I can continue this later, if you want to insult me, I'll read them later as well.

LONG LIVE RUSH!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh you can try… and will be boring, trite, supercilious and uninteresting.

Rush is funny and witty, and that is what you really cannot stand…
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top