Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/26/2001 10:53:49 AM EDT
LEO's have job theres a lot of LEO bashing going on here at AR15. so what are your suggestions how should we try and keep our homes and cities safe without LEO. I can protect my self but most of my nieghbers cant. Plus how come i never here you guys praising when the LEO's do something good and right which outnumber the media mishaps?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:57:01 AM EDT
Can't be done. All most of us want is for the LEOs we have to understand why we get so angry about some of the things that happen. No we do not walk in your shoes, but then again, we did not take the job that you do. LEOs are a very important part of society, and we do need them. We just ask that they take a look at our point of view. Most of the people here that are mad about some of this stuff to not hate all LEOs. Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:11:52 AM EDT
I hate when one of my mis-begotten brother f@cks up because it makes us all look bad. I aslo wish that the admin would lay off some of the power hungry ones but its not going to happen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:27:45 AM EDT
Seems like 99% of the LEOs are making the other 1% look bad. What were we doing 200 years ago? Each person took care of themselves. When that didn't work, the community came out to help. We don't need any more of this kind of crap. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=33031[/url] The time has come to get rid of 90% of the LEOs and government we presently have, and replace them with very, very few peace officers. Norm
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:34:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Norm G: Seems like 99% of the LEOs are making the other 1% look bad. What were we doing 200 years ago? Each person took care of themselves. When that didn't work, the community came out to help. We don't need any more of this kind of crap. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=33031[/url] The time has come to get rid of 90% of the LEOs and government we presently have, and replace them with very, very few peace officers. Norm
View Quote
OK and then we get to shoot all the criminals right? I wish! it will never happen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:47:26 AM EDT
How about when a leo sees something his dept. is doing that affects civilians rights(traffic or other road blocks etc...) why dont leo's step back and first ask..if I was subjected to this how would I feel ? If it bothers you then why not get your dept to change its policies ? If enough of you say no things would change. what are they gonna do fire you all ? Stand up for whats right !!! whats more important, the Constitution/bill of rights or your job ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:51:42 AM EDT
Man...I've never seen so much anti-LEO hype. Like any other profession there are good and bad. The newspapers and national media outlets do not make money by sharing good news only the bad. That applies when dealing with LEO stories. They hype the bad stuff cause it sells. Sure, bad things happen sometimes with LEO but the same happens with Drs, lawyers, politicians, truck drivers, carpenters, etc. Point is a few problems should not translate into a hatred for LEO. They have probably the toughest job in society dealing with all the losers out there. My hat is off to anyone who manages to protect and serve to the best of their abilities. I do not enjoy the thought of a lawless society where I need to be constantly vigilant for "bad guys" trying to harm me or my family. Thank God for LEO. Not looking for flame mail but expect it will come. Had to express my opinion.
Top Top