Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:53:58 AM EDT
Anybody know what happened to his website, I know he was going back to work, but didn't hear that he was shutting everything down.
Later,
BRM

http://kimdutoit.com/

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:02:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:06:12 AM EDT
It was either space aliens (as markm suggests) or the BATF finally got annoyed and took out the servers.

- CD

PS: It's sad to see a wildly popular conservative blog just disappear. Good luck to kdt with his new job and his future endeavors.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:10:10 AM EDT
Dan Rather put a contract out on him. He's in hiding.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:24:33 AM EDT

There's some very vague info on what happened here:

anarchangel.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to the post: "A Message for the Nation of Riflemen"

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:45:43 AM EDT
that sucks.
twas a great site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:14 AM EDT
Is it because of his new job?

Some companies have no-blog policies for employees.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:27:20 AM EDT
reading that thread, it appears that connie posted the following:

"Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I just wanted to post a quick thanks to all of the above who said such incredibly nice things.

I would ask that people not post things like links to cache locations that make what we'd like to "disappear" accessible to folks who may be looking for something.

We're fine. As some have surmised this was a sudden "emergency" situation that caused us to react without any warning. For that we apologize, but it became a choice between our personal obligations (fill in the details yourself) and the site. The site lost as we're sure everyone can understand.

Just to be clear, no one "ordered" us to do anything, but it was obvious that things were going to have to "change" and our obligations were too imposing not to respond the way we did.

We're only now back from a little whirlwind of travel and we'll be "handing over" the NOR Forums to "temporary guardians" soon.

Details to follow."

Looks like something happened, or is about to happen. I don't know what was posted on that site, but it seems to me like something was posted that could cause some folks alot of trouble.

Hope they are doing ok, looking forward to finding out what really happened.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:28:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:
Is it because of his new job?

Some companies have no-blog policies for employees.

where have you heard this, and is it because of most likely wasted work time on personal stuff?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:31:28 AM EDT
Well, he was talking about doing some conservitive (pep rally) speaches, and writing a book about his experance of coming to america. I hope we find out more.
Later,
BRM
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:33:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 11:40:17 AM EDT by raven]
A couple months ago, he said he had financial troubles, then started a new business. Prospective partners googled his name and came up with that site, then pulled out. He said he'd tone it down, at which I personally stopped reading his blog. Now this happens.

My guess is that his politics and opinions became too great a liability to his personal interests (like his income and his family) which is more important.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:38:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
He had financial toubles, then started a new business. Propective partners googled his name and came up with that site.

My guess is that his politics and opinions became too great a liability to his personal interests that were more important.

I knew it had to be something like that. I guess everyone should blog under pseudonyms.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:43:10 AM EDT
tag - KDT has written some great essays
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:43:13 AM EDT
That sucks, he had some great articles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:06:28 PM EDT
I understand a new employer having a no blogging policy, but Kim and Co. are trying to "disappear" all of his previous writings, which just offends me. When the New York Times played some games with its web archives to make it more difficult to find the editorials telling Ginsburg not to answer questions, people were rightly up in arms.

Kim associated his name with his opinion. He solicited thousands of dollars of donations for his snipers (one of whom, tragically, was killed). I think he's crazy if he believes he can "scrub" the internet of all traces of his writings, and he's betraying his own publically expressed ideals by doing so.

Call me an ass, but that's how I see it.

I'm pissed off that he can't even be bothered to give an explanation. That's the most bullshit thing of all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:41:08 PM EDT
I would like to see his gun essays in book form of some sort. And of course his blog to come back...well, maybe under a pseudonym.
Later,
BRM
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:52:11 PM EDT
Does anyone have his article about his thoughts on Africa? I always liked that one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:54:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:

Originally Posted By raven:
He had financial toubles, then started a new business. Propective partners googled his name and came up with that site.

My guess is that his politics and opinions became too great a liability to his personal interests that were more important.

I knew it had to be something like that. I guess everyone should blog under pseudonyms.

Yeah. One of the all-time greatest bloggers ever, Allah, wrote under a pseudonym for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:56:02 PM EDT
I loved reading his articles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
I'm a big fan of Kim... hope everything is OK with him.

- BG
Top Top