Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 9:50:33 AM EDT
Coming back from lunch, a police dude pulled me over.

He said that a piece of paper had flown out of my vehicle, AND that becasue of my big mud tires on my truck, he clocked me at 60 mph (in a 50 zone) My speedo said 50.

Worse yet, I did not have my license with me.

And I DID NOT have my seat belt on.

HE LET ME OFF WITH A WARNING. WOW.

He was polite and easy to deal with.

You anti LE types can (female dog) all you want to about "bad cops" but here is a case of someone who had "legal right" (regardless of what you think of the laws) to pile it on me. But he didn't.

Just thought it needed to be said.........
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That's even worse! LE not doing their jobs! if their no screwing you their not working.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
You forgot to mention that he was a member of your church, that you had 22 PBA cards in your wallet, a plaque on the bumper that said Platinum PBA Sponsor, and the 100 bill you slipped him. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's even worse! LE not doing their jobs! if their no screwing you their not working.
View Quote

Thanx for posting that. Bottom line is, cops CANNOT win with some people.

If they give you a ticket, they are jerks.

If they don't give you a ticket they are not doing there job.

Here's a cop that applied the SPIRIT of the law (i.e. public safety) NOT the letter of the law, and you are too blind to see it.

Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstand your post, but from what I see, some people just hate authority, of ALL kinds. Which I believe is a sign of immaturity.

Time to grow up, people. You are going to be under someones authority all your life. I'm quick to point out gov't abuses, but here's a cop who DID NOT abuse his authority, and he DESERVES a "here here."
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone knows cops are bumbling idiots! Didn't you guys watch the "Police Academy" movies!

(For all the people that aren't sure: Yes, I am joking.)
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally said what I did because I know if I dint say it someone else would have! but your right, people are hypocrites and no matter what when your a cop people will find something wrong with you either way. overall your one lucky guy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Under "strict enforcement of existing laws" you should have been arrested and cited for all of the violations.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I once was driving on the tollway doing 75 in a 55. It was early morning and it was still a bit dark out so I couldn't identify what cars were behind me. I saw headlights come up to me quickly and pull to the middle lane( I was in the far left lane) I looked to my right and saw it was an unmarked State Trooper car. Thinking that I'm in for a ticket, the State Trooper motioned with his hand for me to slow down my speed. He didn't need to tell me twice.
The State Trooper then increases his speed and races ahead of me.
I guess, this particular State Trooper was either in a good mood, was a former Marine and saw my USMC stickers or likes guns and saw my NRA sticker.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You lucky bastard, over here they just hand out multiple tickets.  Tickets prove they are doing the job.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanx for posting that. Bottom line is, cops CANNOT win with some people.

If they give you a ticket, they are jerks.

If they don't give you a ticket they are not doing there job.
View Quote

What?...And He didn't drag you out and beat the S... out of you?

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What?...And He didn't drag you out and beat the S... out of you?

View Quote

Not that I can recall. But then, I may have been too drunk to remember.

KIDDING!!!!!!! I'm KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
garandman,

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!  Same for the rest of you who don't.

-Chimborazo
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been pulled over doing 85 in a 55 and let off with a warning. Been pulled for speeding, didn't have registration or proof of insurance with me and let go as well. Most cops just tell me to slow it down a little. I've received one speeding ticket in the last 3 years, and I deserved it. I've found that maintaining a decent appearance along with showing a little respect and decency goes a long ways with most cops.

$50 says that you didn't spout off on him with one of your religious rants, though. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I got nailed the other day too. Soon as a saw him I knew he had me. He had me clocked at 77 in a 60 and cited me for 65 in a 60 so I wouldn't get any points. Yeah he still ticketed me and he didn't save me any money, but he could have been a lot less cool about it. Most LEOs are OK, its just the cocky young ones looking to make a name for themselves and the guys that hate everybody who isn't a LEO who gives them a bad name...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
garandman,

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!  Same for the rest of you who don't.

-Chimborazo
View Quote

Chimborazo -

I usually do. Its just that when I get pulled over, I wanna make sure I'm doing as many "illegal" things as possible, all at once.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$50 says that you didn't spout off on him with one of your religious rants, though. [:)]
View Quote

HA   HA     HA!!!!!!!!!

I was QUITE polite. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir.

Perhaps I should have offered him a salvation pamphlet  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
big mud tires on my truck
View Quote

hell yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top