No sounds like the second coming of McCain

Yeah––he's McCain lite.  No go for me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good buddies with Zero.

No way, Jose
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
His stance on immigration lost him my vote.

Amnesty

Comprehensive Reform

American Dream/Birthright Citizenship

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
If it looks like a moderat, acts like a moderat, and sounds like a moderate... Its a moderate...

I don't think comparing him to Obama is 100% accurate. Obama is an anti-gun liberal. Huntsman is a pro-gun moderate.

He recieved tremendous praise from the NRA for gun-friendly laws he made-law in Utah while governor.

He was very pro-business as a governor. Grew jobs, ranked high for job-growth, etc...

Obama has never recieved positive statements from the NRA, and he can't grow jobs...

Huntsman probably cannot say that he is anything other than a moderate, but I would vote for him over Obama... And not give a second thought to it...

He has *real* international leadership experience, and was a very popular governor (twice) of the *most* conservative state in the US... Put all that together with the praise he recieved from the NRA for his gun-rights laws in Utah, and I wouldn't compare him to Obama in specific accomplishments, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat over Obama...
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it looks like a moderat, acts like a moderat, and sounds like a moderate... Its a moderate...

I don't think comparing him to Obama is 100% accurate. Obama is an anti-gun liberal. Huntsman is a pro-gun moderate.

He recieved tremendous praise from the NRA for gun-friendly laws he made-law in Utah while governor.

He was very pro-business as a governor. Grew jobs, ranked high for job-growth, etc...

Obama has never recieved positive statements from the NRA, and he can't grow jobs...

Huntsman probably cannot say that he is anything other than a moderate, but I would vote for him over Obama... And not give a second thought to it...

He has *real* international leadership experience, and was a very popular governor (twice) of the *most* conservative state in the US... Put all that together with the praise he recieved from the NRA for his gun-rights laws in Utah, and I wouldn't compare him to Obama in specific accomplishments, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat over Obama...

He is McCain.  I would not vote for him.  He's a horrible compromise.  I'd say anyone short of Romney is a better candidate right now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
His stance on immigration lost him my vote.

Amnesty

Comprehensive Reform

American Dream/Birthright Citizenship

Fuck him.

Not to mention he's a cap-and-trader.

Another one on the "He'll get my vote in the primary when hell freezes over" pile, right next to Romney....
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I see so far, I wouldn't bother to go to the polls to vote for him. You know something is amiss when Harry Reed likes him and he has Hillary Clinton fundraisers working to get him nominated. Smells like RINO to me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#10]
My stance on immigration reform
Deport all illegals back to their home country..
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]

That is an interesting article... It looks like his *dad* has a cozy relationship with Reid...

Huntsman (jr.) from the article: "I've never donated a dime to @HarryReid and wouldn't. My record in Utah balancing budgets very different from his."

Guess Mom and Dad were fine with Reid's putative budget-balancing failures, eh?

I can understant why (sr) Huntsman donated... The NRA does the same thing with *both* sides of the isle... Huntsman (sr) probably does the same thing... And many wealthy large business owners do the same thing...

If you were a Huntsman, needed to play (and pay) both sides, who are you going to choose? Probaly another member of your church, right...

Huntsman (sr) has a lot of dough. He can give it to whoever he wants... I was surprised to see it given to Reid, given Sr's political stances he has made public, but it is almost understandable when you realize that the NRA does the same thing... Huntsman (sr) has interests he wants protected... He donates to *both* sides of the isle... Everyone does it, and it is understandable (if you can hold your nose) why he picked Reid...

But it was an interesting aside to see the remark about Huntsman (jr) that he never gave a stinkin dime to the guy... That was interesting...
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is McCain.  I would not vote for him.  He's a horrible compromise.  I'd say anyone short of Romney is a better candidate right now.

I voted for McCain/Palin. So did my wife. That was the extent of votes in my household... I didn't have much choice with Obama on the ticket...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top