[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:20:04 AM EDT by HKgnnr]
Heres a video from Gulfport MS:

www.hurricanelivenet.com/aftermath.wmv
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:17:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:18:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:26:56 AM EDT by DVDTracker]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:11 AM EDT
Check out the cars parked on the bridges.

I'll bet there is a cool story there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:23:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DVDTracker:
Looters!!!

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10908301723.hurricane_katrina_ladm109.jpg

A looter carries a bucket of beer out of a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, as floodwaters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10808301717.hurricane_katrina_ladm108.jpg

Looters make their way into a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, as floodwaters continue to rise after Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050829/capt.ladm13208292332.hurricane_katrina_ladm132.jpg

I be goin to do me sum foods shopin!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:23:28 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:27:44 AM EDT
I think those who stayed behind are stupid but do you really blame them for looting food and drink in a time like this? I could see dropping a hammer on those who went after stuff for a profit but people do need to eat and have liquids, even if it is bottled beer. You take what you can get to survive and most who are there have lost everything. I hold no grudges against those after food and water.. The ones trying to make a buck are the ones who need delt with..
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:29:44 AM EDT

Looters!!!

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10908301723.hurricane_katrina_ladm109.jpg

A looter carries a bucket of beer out of a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, as floodwaters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050830/capt.ladm10808301717.hurricane_katrina_ladm108.jpg

Looters make their way into a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, as floodwaters continue to rise after Hurricane Katrina made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050829/capt.ladm13208292332.hurricane_katrina_ladm132.jpg

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/cpress/20050830/capt.w083049a.jpg

I hope the NG and LEO's cut these fucks to pieces.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By viper5194:
I think those who stayed behind are stupid but do you really blame them for looting food and drink in a time like this? I could see dropping a hammer on those who went after stuff for a profit but people do need to eat and have liquids, even if it is bottled beer. You take what you can get to survive and most who are there have lost everything. I hold no grudges against those after food and water.. The ones trying to make a buck are the ones who need delt with..

Do you really buy that shit?

There is a big difference between stealing as a necessity to feed you and/or your family or die of starvation versus getting some free suds.

Shoot them
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:33:16 AM EDT

Riiiiiight. If hydration and "needing something to drink" was on this guy's mind, why steal beer?

Hmmmmm?

Asshole looters need to be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:34:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:41:55 AM EDT by viper5194]

Originally Posted By Right-to-Bear:

There is a big difference between stealing as a necessity to feed you and/or your family or die of starvation versus getting some free suds.

Shoot them

Actualy in there situation there i very little if any drinkable water. Beer would actualy be better then nothing. Look back in history, What did Columbus and his ships crew drink on there voyage accross the sea? Simply put, Beer ! Because it stores well ...With no drinkable water you better bet id drink anything that was drinkable. I think its funny how sooo many people are so quick to judge others even when your not in or have not ever been in there shoes.... The entire city is under tainted water, What wold you drink? Simply put, any god damn thing you could get your hands on.... Nearly every grocery store ive ever been in, has a larger beer and soda supply then they do sealed water....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:42:30 AM EDT

Shoot them

Actualy in there situation there i very little if any drinkable water. Beer would actualy be better then nothing. Look back in history, What did Columbus and his ships crew drink on there voyage accross the sea? Simply put, Beer ! Because it stores well ...With no drinkable water you better bet id drink anything that was drinkable. I think its funny how sooo many people are so quick to judge others even when your not in or have not ever been in there shoes.... The entire city is under tainted water, What wold you drink? Simply put, any god damn thing you could get your hands on....

Yes, I'm sure that the individuals in the photos, one day after the storm, are completely out of drinking water. Furthermore, I'm sure that the store that they looted was also out of drinking water, soda, juices, etc. So it only makes perfect sense to take the beer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:47:42 AM EDT

Looters!!!

Wow, never knew beer, pepsi, and chocolate chip cookies counted as essential foodstuffs these days.

Fucking bastards
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:49:26 AM EDT

Shoot them

Actualy in there situation there i very little if any drinkable water. Beer would actualy be better then nothing. Look back in history, What did Columbus and his ships crew drink on there voyage accross the sea? Simply put, Beer ! Because it stores well ...With no drinkable water you better bet id drink anything that was drinkable. I think its funny how sooo many people are so quick to judge others even when your not in or have not ever been in there shoes.... The entire city is under tainted water, What wold you drink? Simply put, any god damn thing you could get your hands on....

Yes, I'm sure that the individuals in the photos, one day after the storm, are completely out of drinking water. Furthermore, I'm sure that the store that they looted was also out of drinking water, soda, juices, etc. So it only makes perfect sense to take the beer.

the guy was stupid enough to stay and weather the storm, you think he is actualy smart enough to store enough drinking water for him and his family. Why so many people are so quick to judge others is beyond me. Your not there, you have no clue as to whats going on in that guys life. As i said before, If I had to loot to live I would, now add a carton of cigs to the top of that guys fluid tote and id have an issue, but looking at the pic all he has it liquids of some sort. Actualy looking closer it looks like maybe he has water or soda under the beer as well. Id take anything that would help me survive the next couple weeks of crap they are going to have to live thru. Reports already in are saying no po wer for at least a month for anyone... People need to learn to control there judgement unless youve actualy been in a situation that your commenting on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:51:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:52:17 AM EDT by viper5194]

Originally Posted By SevenMMmag:

Looters!!!

Wow, never knew beer, pepsi, and chocolate chip cookies counted as essential foodstuffs these days.

Fucking bastards

LOL you need to go down ther and live a little. Your telling me you would be picky as to what you grabbed when trying to get food ? You like anyone else here would take anything they could get. Good luck in your future... Granted there are ass hats down there but the ones after food and drink are not the ones you need to be upset with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:54:15 AM EDT

Shoot them

the guy was stupid enough to stay and weather the storm, you think he is actualy smart enough to store enough drinking water for him and his family. Why so many people are so quick to judge others is beyond me. Your not there, you have no clue as to whats going on in that guys life. As i said before, If I had to loot to live I would, now add a carton of cigs to the top of that guys fluid tote and id have an issue, but looking at the pic all he has it liquids of some sort. Actualy looking closer it looks like maybe he has water or soda under the beer as well. Id take anything that would help me survive the next couple weeks of crap they are going to have to live thru. Reports already in are saying no po wer for at least a month for anyone... People need to learn to control there judgement unless youve actualy been in a situation that your commenting on.

Look where I live....... I got hit 4 times last year and still managed not to steal anything.

You're right, I'm sure that there is water and medical supplies under all that beer.

Don't judge others???? How long have you visited this board...... that's all we do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:55:13 AM EDT
Floating bodies of dead looters would be cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:56:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 11:27:02 AM EDT by weptek911]

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:
If not...

This space for rent

TRG

There is some beloved UH-1 "Huey" p0rn on Fox news right now . Old war-horse pulling people off roofs.

3:00pm EST

Coast Guard variant of the Blackhawk now. 3:03 pm
Courtesey of Sharkey30
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT
Someone should photoshop those looting pictures to add spray from bullets landing all around. Make it look like the D-Day landings!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:01:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 11:11:50 AM EDT by viper5194]

Look where I live....... I got hit 4 times last year and still managed not to steal anything.

You're right, I'm sure that there is water and medical supplies under all that beer.

Don't judge others???? How long have you visited this board...... that's all we do.

Im sure you got hit as hard as these people right? Ive been here since 2003 and yea, ive notice. It seems several here are quick to judge others way too fast. Im am 100 percent against looting for profit, but i will not shame anyone for looting to live , whether it be water, soda, beer, cookies, or anything else so long as it be someting the can use to stay alive. If the guy had beer and cigs or beer and a TV or beer and well you get the point I hope, I would be all for flogging his ass, but he has nothing more then consumables.

ETA: Oh, and another thing, if he was actualy just looting beer by choice just to have beer, dont you think he would have chosen something other then Rolling Rock ??
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:12:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:14:13 AM EDT
isnt that heineken?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:20:29 AM EDT

"Thou shall not steal."

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:25:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:31:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:
Though Shalt POST Pics.

TRG

Sorry.

Wish I had the one of Chuck Heston holding the stone tablets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:34:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:35:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 11:38:06 AM EDT by Gaz]

Originally Posted By FourStringSlinger:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9131493/

Police commandeer pharmacy
At a drug store on Canal Street just outside the French Quarter, two police officers with pump shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water.

“This is for the sick,” Officer Jeff Jacob said. “We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law.”

Another officer, D.J. Butler, told the crowd standing around that they would be out of the way as soon as they got the necessities.

“I’m not saying you’re welcome to it,” the officer said. “This is the situation we’re in. We have to make the best of it.”

The looting was taking place in full view of passing National Guard trucks and police cruisers.

One man with an armload of clothes even asked a policeman, “Can I borrow your car?”

yea I don't think so
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:40:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:42:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gaz:

Originally Posted By FourStringSlinger:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9131493/

Police commandeer pharmacy
At a drug store on Canal Street just outside the French Quarter, two police officers with pump shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water.

“This is for the sick,” Officer Jeff Jacob said. “We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law.”

Another officer, D.J. Butler, told the crowd standing around that they would be out of the way as soon as they got the necessities.

“I’m not saying you’re welcome to it,” the officer said. “This is the situation we’re in. We have to make the best of it.”

The looting was taking place in full view of passing National Guard trucks and police cruisers.

One man with an armload of clothes even asked a policeman, “Can I borrow your car?”

yea I don't think so

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:06:50 PM EDT
my gift to arfcom. the nola looter collage. photoshop away.

http://www.hammondresurrection.com/images/NOLALOOTERS.jpg
Top Top