Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 8:50:39 PM EDT
What is the law regarding interstate transfer of firearms?
I was involved in a failed trade, and now the FFL is balking at returning my carbine.
The other guy sent an AR15 upper. I then sent an M1 carbine. He did not like it and I returned the upper. I paid shipping to send the carbine and upper to California.
So far everything has gone through the USPS from me in Texas to him in California.
Now he is refusing to return my carbine unless I reimburse him for sending the upper to me in the beginning. His FFL dealer says she won't return my carbine, until I pay him for shipping the upper. I offered to send an amount that is what it cost me to ship the carbine, but that was refused. I had asked, per my FFL dealer, for the carbine to be sent C.O.D., they refused, rudely too.
Do I have any options, other than just sending what he wants?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
As Troy posted, your options are limited - althoguh you could bring legal action against the FFL if they repeated and unreasonably refuse to return your property to you.

"normal" procedure for a trade like this would be for you each to pay your own shipping for the inital transaction and any return, unless other arrangements were made beforehand - and the guy in Cali seems like a bit of a prick for expecting you to eat his return shipping for the upper, in addition to handling your own shipping for the carbine and the return of his upper.

In some small way, it might be best to pay what he's asking, and just keep an eye out for him on the boards in the future, rather than deal with the hassle of a prick buyer and a uncooperative FFL.  Treat it as an object lesson, and lay down the terms for both the transaction and a possible return beforehand in the future, and count yourself lucky to learn a small lesson in internet dealings for just the price of shipping the upper.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The jackass is effectively stealing your rifle.  Let's see some names - put him out of business.

Where's the AR15.com Army?

I'll be down in the PRK in less than a week.  Where's the store?  I want to go conspicuously not buy anything.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent the money order they wanted today.
Now, we'll see.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top