Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 3:25:17 PM EDT
I was getting some online quotes on motorcycle insurance and was wondering what the minimum coverage was if financing. The website did not say, it only listed preferences to check.

Is Comprehensive/Collision and Bodily Injury/Property Damage the minimum when you dont own the bike or car?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The legal minimum varies state by state. The minimum if the bike is financed will be determined by the finance contract. Finance companies usually require comprehensive/collision to protect their interest - to pay off the note if you total the bike. IOW, if you own it outright, you'll probably have to insure it to cover [i]your[/i] injuries at a certain level. If it's financed, you'll have to cover it for the full value of the bike (in which the finance co. retains an interest).
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the bank (or the person holding the title) wants the Comp/Collision in case you total the bike.  That way he knows he'll get paid back for it (or the loan)

You should have the Bodily Injury/Liability/Prop Damage.  First in case you go down (trust me on this one [url]www.jhasz.com[/url], secondly the liability and prop damage you'll want in case you hit something, and you may even wnat uninsured/underinsured in case some idiot driving without insurance hits you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
thats what i was thinking, i just wanted to hear sombody else say it, thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
in case you go down (trust me on this one [url]www.jhasz.com[/url
View Quote

DAMMIT MAN! you are lucky. my best wishes to you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
in case you go down (trust me on this one [url]www.jhasz.com[/url
View Quote

DAMMIT MAN! you are lucky. my best wishes to you.
View Quote

Ain't I, though? ...

I about fell to the ground LMAO the first time I actually ran - I was weed-whacking and got chased by a bee - there I am limp-running across the yard, trying to shut the weed-whacker off.  I stopped once I stopped the thing, realized what just happened, and how it must have looked to an observer, and stasrted to laugh.  That image was just too much.

Anyway, while your out there riding, [b]please[/b] wear a helmet, and watch for those guys turning left in front of you.

Especially with a screen name like superdave!

Good luck with the new bike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top