Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:11:35 AM EDT
I just got done talking to my allstate agent and when I was finished giving her a list of the guns that were stolen and there estimated value she said, "Well, I'm going to look up some prices on the internet just to be sure."  I understand her concern, but I don't feel like being low balled either.  Is there anywhere on the web that tells estimated gun values?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to gunbroker and see what they are selling for.  Realisticly, nothing is worth more than people are willing to pay for them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Photos are a must. Blue book em.

Remember she works for an insurance company. She is looking out for # 1. The company.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
How much of the value are they going to cover?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to your local gunshop and explain what you are trying to do.

Then ask them to provide a written estimate on their replacement value.

Make a copy and then provide it to your adjuster.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sure wont hurt. We had folks do that at our shop. We also had insurance adjusters come by on occasion.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure wont hurt. We had folks do that at our shop. We also had insurance adjusters come by on occasion.

My point is that by doing this, you are beating them to the punch - so to speak.  You are saying "this is a professional's opinion of their value.  If you disagree, prove them wrong."

When I had the insurance adjuster come out to do the hurricane damage assessment on my roof, I handed him two estimates from roofers.  I ended up with a fair settlement.

Sometimes, it pays to do a little homework up front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top