Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/23/2004 9:12:13 PM EST
Anybody from Indiana ever call the Indy center and get a really rude woman who was supposed to help you. A while ago I called to tell them one of my Disabilty checks hadnt arrived. The woman told me that she had Dealt with my type before, that I was wasting her time and that I was a drain on the tax payers. When I asked her for her supervisor she hung up on me. No one of my coworkers just got back form Iraq where his eyes got lased by a targeting laser( no issued goggles) nearly blinding him and he called to find out the status of his claim and was told about the same thing I was told and hung up on. Since we work for the DOD and there are alot of other Vets there we have been asking around to see if this has happened to them too and we have talked to our county VA reps. Anybody know what we can do? ,we dont want her reprimanded we want her fired.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:54:59 PM EST
Call the patient Advocate at the Facility, then contact the cheif of staff, if no Joy. Call your congress man. Principi, has stated Vet from Iraqi FreeDom have 100% priority regardless of claim. It that doesn't work move to Spokane Wa and we will take care of you. Also contact the SW department at the facility. i am a VA Provider, A NAM vet and did 28rs AD.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:32:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:59:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By PleikuPioneer:
Call the patient Advocate at the Facility, then contact the cheif of staff, if no Joy. Call your congress man. Principi, has stated Vet from Iraqi FreeDom have 100% priority regardless of claim. It that doesn't work move to Spokane Wa and we will take care of you. Also contact the SW department at the facility. i am a VA Provider, A NAM vet and did 28rs AD.

Thanks I didnt know there was a patient advocate. Apart from this lady the VA here has been pretty good, she just really "irritates" us. Since we work for the DOD my XO is a Navy Mustang LT who I knew as a chief, went and to our CO who is an Army Colonel. He has been good at taking care of vets since he took command, before that the good ole boy( civillian) system of hiring and permotions was in effect.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:05:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 5:06:08 PM EST by Riotgun]
Another possible channel is the VA Office of the Inspector General.

www.va.gov/oig/homepage.htm

Make sure that you document the date, time, number called, and the person you spoke to. Write down a synopsis of the call while you're on the phone or as soon after as possible. A well-documented and detailed complaint is much easier to investigate.

(spelling edit)
Top Top