Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 10:11:11 AM EDT
I just have to share with you guys about my wife and how proud Im of Her, we are flying out to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, My sister has a rare kidney disease and is in need of a kidney. me and my Dad were not matches,My wife felt that she would be and after being tested we found out she was a match!The surgery is going to be on the 12th,after 19yrs of marriage to this wonderful lady she still amazes me with her wiliness to put others first, I would appreciate Your prayers, We know that God is involved. Thanks for listening.
Paul.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You have my prayers. Good Luck to all.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
i will pray continuously (sp)!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers sent, Qball.
Congrats on your wife and family!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Your wife is a very courageous and loving woman.  You must be the proudest man alive.  God bless her and her sister.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
you have a great wife...you are blessed!

prayers on the way!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You are a lucky man. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quite a woman indeed.  You have every right to be proud of her.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
She certainly is a tremendously compassionate human being, I'm sure the Lord will be guiding the surgeons hand.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#10]
May God bless you and all of your family.

Prayers sent for you all.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the kidney going to be removed lacroscopically? I know that Hennipen County Medical Center(downtown Minneapolis, MN) does lacroscopic surgey, If I remember right, the University of Minnesota usually doesn't, but I don't remember about the mayo Clinic. I guess I'm lucky, living in St. Paul, I had three VERY GOOD transplant clinics to choose from, all of which were relatively close.
Good luck with the surgery, hopefully with good surgeons, Luck, and God's graces, your wife will recover rapidly, and you'll be taking her home after only a few days in the hospital. She is already a saint for donating, and I wish only the speediest recovery for her.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b][blue]My wife felt that she would be and after being tested we found out she was a match![/b][/blue]
View Quote

This reminded me of something attributed to William James, a famous psychologist "Our belief at the beginning of a doubtful undertaking is the one thing (now get this - [b]is the only thing[/b]) that insures the successful outcome of your venture."

Inbound prayers coming for your wife, sister and all the family.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank You guys so much for Your prayers, and to answer Your Question KL2001,yes it is going to be done lacroscopially,she will be released on the 14th but they dont want her flying home for a week,KL2001 did You have a transplant?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
yep, recieved a transplant on April 17th, 2001. I treated myself to a visit to cabellas on the 16th, my first time there, but now that I've started college, Owatonna is on the way from school to home, and I can pretty much stop in whenever. My aunt donated a kidney to me. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that my kidney's aren't diseased, so they expect the transplant to last a long time with no problems, and I don't have to worry about disease attacking the new kidney, I guess I'll always be known from now on as the freak with 3 kidneys. I've never been at the mayo clinic, but if they're rooms are decorated anything like HCMC's rooms are, bring your sister a poster or something to entertain the eyes, cause the rooms were completely beige, and no amout of the TV, or reading kept me from going INSANE from lack of visual stimulation. There was no stimulation there, except some of the nurses.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
prayers sent, good luck.

what am i talking about? with a wife like that you are 1 lucky s.o.b.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
God bless, and good fortune, hope all goes well!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
She's a keeper, but after 19 years, I'm sure you already knew that. Wishing a speedy recovery to both your wife and sister.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Prayers offered, good luck and hope all is well!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top