Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 4:27:55 PM EDT
What can I do.
I pay for surf freedom and thought it would do the job while surfing at work, but today my boss say's I have over 1000 hits on "weapon sites" for November! (Among others)
I need total privacy....I want a "pipeline", through our in-house server, to a proxy that will only show the link I made to the proxy.
Somebody please help.....even my boss may start to care about this eventually!
i'll have to check back Sat night after work to read all the ideas I know will be here....one thing about AR15, no shortage of ideas!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:29:47 PM EDT
https://megaproxy.com

$10 for 3 months, its what I'm on right now, works pretty good but their javascript stuff doesnt work with gmail or hotmail, but its as private as it gets
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
I'm working on putting something like this together on my server here at the house. I have a similar problem at work.. Send me an IM or email or something and I'll keep you updated when I have it working.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:39:30 PM EDT
Stunnel is your friend. Create a VPN tunnel with it from your work computer to your home computer on the internet via DSL or cable. Find a TCP port that is open on your company firewall that is non-descript and use that. I prefer 873 which is rsync.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:47:03 PM EDT
Update: I've got my proxy server working for the most part, just haven't quite got the login thing fixed yet. It's having a bit of trouble setting the cookies..if any of you ARFCOMers are familiar with Apache 2.0 reverse proxies, particularly the ProxyPassReverseCookiePath and ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain functions, send me an IM, perhaps you can help me out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:11:00 PM EDT
btt
Top Top