Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2017 1:22:27 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Or not so much.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
My German Wirehair loves bunnies, she tries to play with them.  No fur hunting instinct at all.  It's all feathers with this girl.  I'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
a bunny ruled the roost here for many years, she had no problem putting anybody in their place
she was one grumpy critter in her older years

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bailey the dog in the picture can hang out all day with the rabbit.

the Cavalier the Brown dog just  looks at it for a while and then like in the cartoons I think it turns into a stew.  in his head

he can't be trusted he definitely wants to  eat it;
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My German Wirehair loves bunnies, she tries to play with them.  No fur hunting instinct at all.  It's all feathers with this girl.  I'm okay with that.
View Quote
Lucky you! My shorthair will chase anything from the size of a grasshopper up to a horse. The first time I took him camping he stayed up all night digging for rodents and when I woke up his muzzle and paw pads were raw and bloody, and and he was completely covered in dirt. The field looked like a WW1 trench zone. 

He's eleven now and finally starting to settle down a little, but he still chases squirrels everyday when they aren't hibernating, and will cry at the bottom of a tree until he sees another, more accessible squirrel. Total maniac dog! 

Here he is trying to steal my perch:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lucky you! My shorthair will chase anything from the size of a grasshopper up to a horse. The first time I took him camping he stayed up all night digging for rodents and when I woke up his muzzle and paw pads were raw and bloody, and and he was completely covered in dirt. The field looked like a WW1 trench zone. 

He's eleven now and finally starting to settle down a little, but he still chases squirrels everyday when they aren't hibernating, and will cry at the bottom of a tree until he sees another, more accessible squirrel. Total maniac dog! 
View Quote

My shorthair is much the same.  If it fits in his mouth it dies once he catches it.  He obsesses over anything under 30 pounds pretty much.   That poor bunny wouldn't be his first by a long shot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My Great Dane has caught several bunnies, all we find is a skull with some ears in the yard.

Or if she catches them in one of the fields she just kills it and tries to play keep away from us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top