Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 5:06:36 PM EDT
Ok there has to be a program that will allow us to vote more than once on the cnn POLL. Can someone help me/us out?
       FREE
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
clear your cookies.

i did it twice on the last one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
FREE,

I doubt any amount of mass voting on the aforementioned poll would make a difference in the results.
CNN has rigged this poll, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I also think this poll is useless, because of the fact that it is manipulatable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I log out of my normal user name and in on another I created in Win2000, then search for index.dat and delete all  I can from my other username, the go back in on my regular acct. and go for it again. Takes awhile, but works on most polls. YMMV.

Danny
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The poll never seems to change much.  Something funny is going on for sure.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I cleared my cookies and hit it a few times.  CNN already has the story written on the naughty AWB so a poll saying otherwise wouldn't be good for them./
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The poll never seems to change much.  Something funny is going on for sure.

I noticed that early on ................... just a rig job by an anti gun news source .
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried that and it didnt work. It would appear rigged.
        FREE

Quoted:
I cleared my cookies and hit it a few times.  CNN already has the story written on the naughty AWB so a poll saying otherwise wouldn't be good for them./

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, that poll doesn't use cookies.   I have my PC set to ask before setting any cookies, and it does no such thing on that site, and I have no CNN sourced cookies stored.

It logs your IP address,  I'm pretty sure.

As to whether or not the poll is rigged,   I don't know.  

Someone should try voting from a different IP address and see if it registers.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, I'm not saying that the poll is NOT rigged, but one thing that I do know for a fact is that any time I've EVER voted on a CNN poll the numbers never immediately change. The only thing I can think of is that they either tally votes and then update the poll only a few times a day, or that they rig all of their polls. Even if it's only updated a few times a day that still doesn't mean I'm saying that they don't rig it...I wouldn't be surprised if they do. All I'm saying is that the fact that the poll doesn't change immediately after you vote isn't proof that it's rigged.

As for clearing cookies I don't even know if that will work if they log your IP. I don't know how that works. It just takes too long to delete cookies and try it over again. If you really want to hit it hard get the new Mozilla Firefox browser. You can set it to not accept cookies from specific web sites. I set mine to not accept cookies from CNN and nailed the poll repeatedly. I must have voted several hundred times, but then I realized...does it really matter? They aren't going to change the law based on some silly CNN poll, plus I'm sure that the vast majority of the people that voted are absolutely clueless and have NO CLUE what they are voting about. If they did I'm absolutely POSITIVE the results would be far different.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL!  Excuse me for saying so, but some of you seem concerned that the poll is rigged, yet you're trying to rigg the vote yourselves (and seem upset that you can't vote multiple times).

There's something oddly amusing about that.

FTR, I voted once and left it at that.

If you're really that concerned about it, set your cookies.txt file to "Read Only",  shut down, re-start and vote again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I could write an Automated Script that will vote as many times as I want.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL! Excuse me for saying so, but some of you seem concerned that the poll is rigged, yet you're trying to rigg the vote yourselves (and seem upset that you can't vote multiple times).

How true! I think we have all accepted the fact that this poll is "unwinable."
It's not like this poll will garner the attention of pro-gun Senators and Reps.

After the peice on AW's CNN did last year, would you honestly expect CNN to do an about face on this issue? CNN has never portrayed the 2nd Amendment in a positive light, yet we somehow expect them to run a fair poll about the AWB?

Doth expects too much!!!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I think the polls are rigged because the percentages never move much throughout the day. I would expect the numbers to move a little one way or another as the demographic of the audience changes throughout the day. Soccer moms in the morning, retirees in the afternoon, working professionals when they get home etc.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone in another thread (vito in UK I think) voted 10 times from 10 IPs for "do not extend" and the number went up by *1*.

Then his buddy voted for "extend", twice, once each from 2 unique ips, and both times the number went up by 10.

It's rigged.  I wish somehow Fox News could get ahold of it and expose them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Someone in another thread (vito in UK I think) voted 10 times from 10 IPs for "do not extend" and the number went up by *1*.

Then his buddy voted for "extend", twice, once each from 2 unique ips, and both times the number went up by 10.

Is there not some "agency" that monitors these polls and their accuracy to keep them honest ???
Sounds like someone needs to blow the whistle on this bullshit...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]

LOL! Excuse me for saying so, but some of you seem concerned that the poll is rigged, yet you're trying to rigg the vote yourselves (and seem upset that you can't vote multiple times).

There are three people in my house and sometimes we all like to hit the polls when we see them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there not some "agency" that monitors these polls and their accuracy to keep them honest ???
Sounds like someone needs to blow the whistle on this bullshit...

The NRA called their BS last year.... I know it isn't what you meant, but it certainly kicked CNN in the arse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top