Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 7:58:04 PM EDT
I'm waiting on my and my wife's W-2's to show up (still need 2 for each of us).  I know I'll get $$ back.  

If I file on line, how long on a refund?

The local store has a couple of nice guns that would look even nicer in my safe.

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too, still waiting for a couple W2s so I can file, dang refund has already been spent on some home re-modeling.  Anyway, from what I remember from last year, it was fairly quick, less than a month to get the refund back if you file on-line.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Current employer received W-2 on 1-10-02.First of last year employer mails it out on dealine date. Must be postmarked 1-31-02 and no later. That's the law. AS for filing I use www.quicken.com. Electronic file with direct deposit and pin for signature. No paper work to send in. Past two years I've received refund within two to three weeks. Cost on quicken.com $15.00 for Federal and $10.00 for State. For those of you that make around $30,000.00 or less without itemizing it's free.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
1099s have to be postmarked 1/31 also.  If I file the usual way (through snail-mail) by 2/15, I have my refund within 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I used turbo tax, e-filed and direct deposit.  It took less than a day for the IRS to accept the return and 9 days for the money to be dropped into my account.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I did mine last year using the phone in deal.  You call in and punch in the numbers you fill out in the system, then mail in your W-2s and you're done.  Only had two W-2s, and made around 29K.  I think I did the direct deposit, and it took about three weeks, IIRC.  I'd figure the online stuff has got to be about the same.  I'm gonna do it that way this year.  Prolly get about $500 back.  No guns with that money... got to pay off debt this year!  :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top