Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 12:37:49 PM EDT
Three pound bag of dried fruits and nuts including apricots, passion fruit, pineapple, cherries, cranberries, grapes(raisins) and bananas. Walnuts and almonds.

I bought this thing almost 6 months ago and it has been sitting in my desk drawer here at work.  Ever month or so I remember I have it and eat some.  I just poured some out and it still looks fine.  Still tastes fresh.

How long does this stuff last?  There is no date on the bag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
With proper storage and depending on the fruit 3 months to a year…

Your desk drawer does not qualify as proper storage… you should be dead in about 30 min.
(give or take 20 min to several decades)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Your desk drawer does not qualify as proper storage… you should be dead in about 30 min.

3 co-workers stopped by and just helped themselves too.  Then one asked "did you just get that today" and I said, "nope, same bag I have had for 6 months".  You should have seen her face.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 co-workers stopped by and just helped themselves too.  Then one asked "did you just get that today" and I said, "nope, same bag I have had for 6 months".  You should have seen her face.

OUTSTANDING!

I can't stand it when people just walk up and help themselves without asking!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing you have to watch out for with dried fruits is insect growth. I know it sounds ridiculous but I've seen it with my own eyes. Insects growing/thriving in the bottom of a couple of jars of dried fruit. The jars would just keep getting refilled never really completely emptying and the fruit on the bottom of the jar sat too long.

I guess it depends how airtight the container is also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top