Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 12:37:49 PM EDT
Three pound bag of dried fruits and nuts including apricots, passion fruit, pineapple, cherries, cranberries, grapes(raisins) and bananas. Walnuts and almonds.

I bought this thing almost 6 months ago and it has been sitting in my desk drawer here at work. Ever month or so I remember I have it and eat some. I just poured some out and it still looks fine. Still tastes fresh.

How long does this stuff last? There is no date on the bag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:48:06 PM EDT
With proper storage and depending on the fruit 3 months to a year…

Your desk drawer does not qualify as proper storage… you should be dead in about 30 min.
(give or take 20 min to several decades)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:51:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

Your desk drawer does not qualify as proper storage… you should be dead in about 30 min.

3 co-workers stopped by and just helped themselves too. Then one asked "did you just get that today" and I said, "nope, same bag I have had for 6 months". You should have seen her face.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:30:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

3 co-workers stopped by and just helped themselves too. Then one asked "did you just get that today" and I said, "nope, same bag I have had for 6 months". You should have seen her face.

OUTSTANDING!

I can't stand it when people just walk up and help themselves without asking!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:33:43 PM EDT
The thing you have to watch out for with dried fruits is insect growth. I know it sounds ridiculous but I've seen it with my own eyes. Insects growing/thriving in the bottom of a couple of jars of dried fruit. The jars would just keep getting refilled never really completely emptying and the fruit on the bottom of the jar sat too long.

I guess it depends how airtight the container is also.
Top Top