Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 7:59:24 PM EDT
What a great game.  Didn't think they were going to pull it out but they did.  

I'm sure my roomie is glad it's over since I kept yelling and waking him up.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell of a game. Hat's off to the Longhorns
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugh. We just about handed it to them. How many times were we within 20 yards because of a turnover, but couldn't score a touchdown? At least 3? OSU should've slaughtered them. There was no reason for it to be that close.

I still think Young is overrated, but I seem to be a minority on this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn good game.  UT has to cut the turnovers if they want to continue to be ranked #2.

ETA - That freshman running back should take some of the load off of Young..  As we saw...a talented trio of linebackers will force him to use his arm, which has improved but can get better.  As a qb in my younger days, that sidearm stuff he throws is dangerous.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ugh. We just about handed it to them. How many times were we within 20 yards because of a turnover, but couldn't score a touchdown? At least 3? OSU should've slaughtered them. There was no reason for it to be that close.

UT was close several times but didn't convert and had some turnovers too.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a great game and I don't like either team.

I wanted Texas to win, even though I really don't like Texas, but I figure that the way OU is playing so far this year that we are going to get our asses handed to us at the OU vs. TX game and it might as well be by a good team.

Vince Young has the talent and he is a great runner and an improving passer. He had over 300 yards in the game, at one point he had 300 of Texas' 316 total yards.

Without him, I don't know what kind of team TX would have.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Great game.  UT didn't deserve to win.

I too share the opinion that Young is at best,
a mediocre QB.  But I can't voice that opinion
here in Austin unless I am prepared for an hour
of correction by the many blind fans.

Young is a legend in his own mind.  Fun to watch
him scoot though.  Didn't see much of that tonite
with the linebacker trio crushing his most every attempt.

DanM
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah it was a good game i watched the end of it this morning

im jusst glad that notre dame won
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Give the 'horns credit.  They never lost their composure or poise.  They came out on fire, played the second and third quarters on their heals, and then settled down and stole the game in the last quarter.  The UT Defense won this game....huge racks to them.  One last thing to remember;  UT  beat the number four ranked Buckeyes in Ohio, a very hostile place to play.  They deserved to win this hard fought game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

DanM

Mediocre....?   C'mon you're kidding yourself.  Remember Rose Bowl? Phenomenal physical talent.  And the guy is just a flat out competitor.  He ALWAYS comes back to get the W.  In my mind, if that doesn't define  a great QB and leader than I don't know what does.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DanM

Mediocre....?   C'mon you're kidding yourself.  Remember Rose Bowl? Phenomenal physical talent.  And the guy is just a flat out competitor.  He ALWAYS comes back to get the W.  In my mind, if that doesn't define  a great QB and leader than I don't know what does.

Throwing the ball in such a way as to not get intercepted.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]
w00t

Sorry Buckeye fans.

Hook 'Em.

The Horn's are the real deal. With all the turnovers, playing a team the caliber of OSU at home, and coming back to win is pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Vince Young has poor fundamentals and throwing motion.  Makes stupid mistakes because he thinks his physical gifts will make up for it.

I just loved hearing Musberger blow smoke up his ass before the game ended.  Hypeman candidate my ass.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Vince Young has poor fundamentals and throwing motion.  Makes stupid mistakes because he thinks his physical gifts will make up for it.

I just loved hearing Musberger blow smoke up his ass before the game ended.  Hypeman candidate my ass.

Don't be hatin'

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
1 to 3 points margin between the putative #2 and #4 teams.  I think the concept of having some of these "big" games early in the season was proved, it was a hell of a game (what I saw of it  trying to sleep off bronchitis).  Like the early in the season USC and Notre Dame games.  Big knockdown fights because the rankings race matters even this early in the season.

I liked it.  The Notre Dame game was a big win also.  Nothing like starting the season out with a bang.

Too bad I was working and sleeping off the cough medicine when I got home.  If ABC can keep picking the nailbiters their ratings are going to explode.  Today was a great example of why I like College football more than professional football.

Although SC is going to take it all again this year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yah 3 turnovers and no TD.  yah thats a pattern not a "just about handed it to them."  Thats good D regulating OSU.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

DanM

HERETIC!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#17]
All my  counterparts will be bitcching and moaning for the next week.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Hypeman candidate my ass.

That piece of bling is all about the hype and has been for the last 25 years or so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1 on Young. At the college level you can get by on natural ability, not in the NFL (see Vick).
USC Leinhart is the real deal.(No I'm not a USC homer). Also Ohio States linebackers are incredible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Lets see how long a running QB lasts in the NFL.  Most of those running guys get side lined with injuries.  Even Vick spent a lot of time on the IR list.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top