Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 2:05:44 PM EDT
Originally posted by Striker when he locked the "Why Canada Rules" thread:

Well this thread is going no where and yes the fact I'm Canadian has something to do with it. It never ceases to amaze me that some people think because we aren't American we are somehow inferior. Or make smart ass comments when a Canadian shows some pride in their country. Well I'm damn proud to be a Canadian. Military might or the value of your dollar doesn't make a great country. the people living there do and by that standard..we are among the best.

View Quote

Perhaps the thread had run it's course, but I feel it was totally inappropriate to lock the "Why Canada Rules" thread with such an indictment against us Americans. We didn't start it. If you guys can't handle the heat, don't light the fire. I don't know why you would take it so personally, anyhow. Most of it was good natured ribbing. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice Striker's sig line?  It would seem to sum this up.  LMAO  [BD]
View Quote

He must be talking about Canadians, eh? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Not unexpected....last week's brouhaha over eventually pissed me off when ole striker didn't even read "constructive" comments made by an old member....
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa, I didn't post this as a bash or a flame against Striker or any other moderator. I think he's a stand up guy, performs a valuable service (for free, I might add), in general does a good job of it, and I appreciate that he is willing to help out. I just don't think it's appropriate or fair for a moderator to lock a thread but not before getting their own last licks in and posting inflammatory comments like that.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, because a Canadian was proud of his country he was attacked by alot of people on this board as though being proud of Canada is hating the US. You people put what person this person said down when they NEVER said anything about the US being inferior in any way.

Canada has its goods and bads, but so does the US. I dont try to imagine or put down any american since I am not an american and do not have a full idea of what its like to be american. But you also have no right to put down Canada because you are not Canadian. Mistakes, laws, goverment don't make a country, its people does, and unless you are one of those people, I recommend you shut up.

I guess for some of you its too hard to admit the only thing that makes us really different is a imaginary line that was created on paper.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
If Canada's so great, why is Jim Carey becoming a US citizen?

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I was gonna say something pertaining to Striker's moderating style but......nah! It is not worth it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

[smoke]
View Quote

Because his wife is American.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Awe jesus!!  

One of my Threads LOCKED

And I did not even notice it!!

Damn..

Hell I never thought it would go 4 pages!!
Afterall it was a JOKE!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but that also makes ger eligible for Canadian citizenship, does it not?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This cross border sniping happens every time someone posts something about Canada and it's growing old.
View Quote

That may be so, but come on, really, you honestly can't expect for one of your fellow countrymen to start a thread here entitled "Why Canada Rules" without catching some degree of flak.

That's alright, though. Thanks for the civil, tempered response despite your having a bad hair day.  [:)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[smoke]
View Quote

View Quote

Wrong.  Carrey's currently unmarried at present and is studying for the citizenship exam.  Can't say I blame him for trying to better himself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top