Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 1:12:34 PM EDT
On dec 13th I was happily typing along on some subject here on this site while my wife was on the phone with her mother. The phone conversation got frantic and my wife began screaming. Seems my father in law walked in and told my mother in law he was having a heart attack. They went off to the hospital and we went about gathering up items we might need on a long trip. Seven hours later, after stopping by to pick up the mother in law we roll into Baptist Hospital in Nashville. On tuesday the Pawinlaw had quadruple bypass surgery. We traveled 2 hours back and forth bringing the mother in law, who can't drive, to the hospital for a week. Then we went to their house and cared for them till today. Man if all that aint enough to make you take care of yourself, I don't know what is.

I must appologize to Norman74 for not getting back to him with the info on drilling composite materials. I haven't been back to the salt mine since the "event".

It's good to be back and I hope everybody had a great Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
So did they catch it early enough that the heart muscle was not damaged?  Tom Osborne NE football coach blockage was found on routine text and had the bypass. If the heart muscle did not go without oxygen and part of the muscle died then all is pretty well fixed now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have you guys in my prayers tonight.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Good health really is the important thing, whether you're a millionare or dirt poor.

My dad has been getting more senile, and broke his hip a few weeks ago.  Was in the hospital for weeks, asking when the army ambulance was coming because he was shot in the leg.  Now he's home, and the hip is heeling some, but his mind is gone.  Real stress on my mom, having to take care of him like a baby, as she's in her late 70's already.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. He's doing great now. His health was pretty good before the heart attack except for prostate cancer last Janurary. The doctors said his heart has minimal damage and the attack was not too severe. It did bring attention to the problem and allowed him to get the problem fixed before it could be catastrophic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top