Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 105
Posted: 9/13/2017 1:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss]
I messed my back up this week so i've been home icing it.

Well I got sick of sitting in the house so I was waltzing around HF yesterday. End up grabbing one of the 2000 watt extra quiet little guy generators. $550ish out the door and they gave me a free 2 year full replacement warranty.

I stopped at my land to try and be productive. So fired this little guy up. Wow is it quiet.

I threw on 3 LED work lights and my radio. Ran for about 6 hours and barley came off full tank.

Who else is using one??? Anything else i should grab for it?

COUPON CODE FOR GENERATOR - 26168890

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean it's not a noise and smoke generator?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
View Quote
You do know there's a difference between a regular generator and an inverter generator right.........
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been curious about those, tag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for info.
My champion 3500 is getting tired and the price and features of these are great.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalHeater] [#5]
I'd really like to see side by side to a Honda.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
You do know there's a difference between a regular generator and an inverter generator right.........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
pretty nifty
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they throw in an Idiot Lamp or a nail unbender?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
they have really upped their game in some areas, like generators....
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By saturnsport8k:

https://i.imgur.com/pVYvvYL.jpg
View Quote
guess i missed that one
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gunwritr:
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Well I got sick of sitting in the house so I was waltzing around HF yesterday. End up grabbing one of the 2000 watt extra quiet little guy generators. $550ish out the door and they gave me a free 2 year full replacement warranty.

I stopped at my land to try and be productive. So fired this little guy up. Wow is it quiet.

I threw on 3 LED work lights and my radio. Ran for about 6 hours and barley came off full tank.

https://i.imgur.com/z0CKzSW.jpg
View Quote

The first time I saw one of those little Honda generators, I honestly thought the sound was a breeze blowing leaves.  It was that quiet.

Just exactly how quiet is your Predator?  How far away can you hear it at all?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]
OST
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gunwritr:
View Quote
I'll be honest. Most of their stuff is crap. I'm a snap on tool guy at heart and the guy usually yelling buy once cry one.

I'm giving this thing a shot as it a pain to lug around my full size unit. So far.....I'm damn impressed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss] [#16]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

The first time I saw one of those little Honda generators, I honestly thought the sound was a breeze blowing leaves.  It was that quiet.

View Quote
It was on the tail gate of my truck. With the "ECO" mode on and standing in front of my truck I could barley hear it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#17]
In on this, been thinking about buying one
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
I'd really like to see side by side to a Honda.
View Quote
See them both side by side at just about every track day.  The HF model barely blinks with a group of warmers, Honda coughs but chugs along.  Honda is a touch quieter, just barely.  They are both heavy little f'ers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm. I have been kicking around the Honda unit. For half the cost, this intrigues me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I just bought one of these too.  It is pretty quiet.  With the eco mode switch off, it makes about the same amount noise as my Vstrom at idle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I have the previous version of that same model.  I have only tested it, but it seems to be great.  It is very quiet.  It's a plus that so far I haven't needed it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the quietness of those littler inverters. I do not like the price tag of them, though. 

I'll keep my 5550/8500 noise maker that was free and my 3500/4000 that was $225 which both are getting major workouts this week. 

I'll go sit in the corner over here and be poor. 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Youtube reviews looked good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 3500 watt version of it. I love it. It will run my whole travel trailer with the a/c on without an issue.

During he 25 hour break in period I ran it at work powering a fan (1hp) for the majority of the time and went through 4 gallons of gas.

It is built like a Honda. As in Honda is suing them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Quicky06:
I have a 3500 watt version of it. I love it. It will run my whole travel trailer with the a/c on without an issue.

During he 25 hour break in period I ran it at work powering a fan (1hp) for the majority of the time and went through 4 gallons of gas.

It is built like a Honda. As in Honda is suing them.
View Quote
i wanted to buy the bigger unit but being portable was a big thing for me. I want to be able to toss it between job sites or toss it in my truck tool box for camping. This little guy fits the bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Funniest thing I have seen in awhile.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

From the videos that I'm seeing on youtube, the HF Predator 3500 is quieter than the Honda 2000.
Here's one:

HF Predator 3500 generator vs Honda EU2000
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought one last week and have it running right now next to the house. You can hear it running with the windows open but it's not obscene like my bigger generator. With the windows closed you wouldn't notice it. We're going on day 3 without power after Irma and it's been great. I have it plugged into a UPS with a TV/Fan/Fridge on the battery/surge outlets and a 12,000 BTU AC unit on a surge only outlet and the UPS only kicks in when the AC compressor starts up.

There's a coupon that brings the price down to $399.

Coupon
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FL_Roscoe:
I bought one last week and have it running right now next to the house. You can hear it running with the windows open but it's not obscene like my bigger generator. With the windows closed you wouldn't notice it. We're going on day 3 without power after Irma and it's been great. I have it plugged into a UPS with a TV/Fan/Fridge on the battery/surge outlets and a 12,000 BTU AC unit on a surge only outlet and the UPS only kicks in when the AC compressor starts up.

There's a coupon that brings the price down to $399.

Coupon
View Quote
I tried to use every coupon i could find and the manager told me all Predator Generators are excluded. I just tried to add yours online and it says the same thing. Either you got lucky or i got hosed
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#30]
That coupon works for me as of 5 minutes ago using FireFox...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Works here manually enter code 26168890.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Coupon worked for me too. Woo-hoo!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#33]
well. looks like i'm off to buy another one with a coupon
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Now check out this thread for your new gas can purchase to go with your new genny:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2029853_Best-Jerry-Can-Gas-can-to-get-.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#35]
That's the one I was interested in. Coupon worked, so I ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:21:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss] [#36]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Now check out this thread for your new gas can purchase to go with your new genny:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2029853_Best-Jerry-Can-Gas-can-to-get-.html
View Quote
I like the jerry cans but i'm thinking about picking up more of the VP racing fuel jugs. I've always had such good luck and they're cheap, pour easy, and hold well over 5 gallons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Why are you carrying around a generator if you have an injured back?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you know if there is a cable available so you can run these in parallel? 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobbyHill] [#39]
Originally Posted By 691:
Do you know if there is a cable available so you can run these in parallel? 
View Quote
Linky
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Do they have a version that runs on propane?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FOX184:
Why are you carrying around a generator if you have an injured back?
View Quote
I pulled a muscle in my back.......i'm not paralyzed lol and if carrying it around is sliding it out of a box while still on my truck bed then... touche.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought two Hondas years ago. Paid less than the Harbor Freight model here.....Think I'll keep them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

The 2KW Champion regularly goes on sale for $500 or so, and comes with a standard 3 year warranty.

Unlike HF, Champion has a reputation for good build quality, and excellent customer support.

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#45]

I like the jerry cans but i'm thinking about picking up more of the VP racing fuel jugs. I've always had such good luck and they're cheap, pour easy, and hold well over 5 gallons.
View Quote
I have VP and the good Jerry cans. The Jerry cans are better for long term storage and not much higher than the VP cans, which I also love. The VP cans have some major advantages in some areas, the Jerry cans in others....In other words, get both
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Skibane:

The 2KW Champion regularly goes on sale for $500 or so, and comes with a standard 3 year warranty.

Unlike HF, Champion has a reputation for good build quality, and excellent customer support.

http://chainsawjournal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Champion-power-equipment-parallel-kit-73536i-2.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, I like those Champion Inverter Gennys. I bought 2 when they were on sale at Sam's for $289. I converted one to use natural gas. However, ever since I bought them, maybe 6 years ago (?) we haven't had a power outage.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

I have VP and the good Jerry cans. The Jerry cans are better for long term storage and not much higher than the VP cans, which I also love. The VP cans have some major advantages in some areas, the Jerry cans in others....In other words, get both
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#48]
Nice, good to hear.

My Champion Inverter Genny 75531i 2800/3100 which was supposed to be delivered last Friday, was delivered today, which is the day after power came back on.

In the meantime I made do with my dirty-power, smoke and noise generator, which turned out to have a bad carb float and flooded the crankcase and cylinder (and carb), twice; because I didn't recognize what it was the first time, despite changing the oil, pulling the spark plug and cranking the fuel out of the cylinder.

Am I bitter that I wasn't able to use a nice, quiet, gas sipping, clean-power inverter genny when I needed it most?  Am I bitter that UPS decided to hold up the shipment on LITERALLY THE LAST FUCKING DAY!!!!!

No, I'm not bitter ... ********s.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#49]

View Quote
What is the difference?  I hear they're quieter and more efficient, but I don't know what's different about them.  Are they a new thing?  I've only heard of them recently.  Of course, I've never shopped for a generator before.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

What is the difference?  I hear they're quieter and more efficient, but I don't know what's different about them.  Are they a new thing?  I've only heard of them recently.  Of course, I've never shopped for a generator before.
View Quote
Snip: A conventional generator is nothing more than an engine connected to an alternator and run at a speed that produces the desired AC frequency, regardless of the load on it (as the load increases the engine throttles up to keep the engine speed the same). The output of the alternator is connected directly to the load, without any processing.

With an inverter generator, the engine is connected to an efficient alternator, which produces AC electricity, just like a conventional generator. But then a rectifier is used to convert the AC power to DC and capacitors are used to smooth it out to a certain degree. The DC power is then “inverted” back into clean AC power of the desired frequency and voltage (e.g., 110-120VAC @ 60Hz). Regulation is very good and this system produces consistent power characteristics independent of the engine speed. The result is much “cleaner” power (“pure sine waves”) than is possible with a conventional generator, essentially the same quality of electricity that you typically get from your electric company.

Link
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top