Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 6:02:43 PM EDT
Making a website for our shooting group. Using Dreamweaver.
I made the homepage using frames with borders on.

Click

Now heres the thing I cant figure out. In IE it shows the frame borders, in Firefox it doesnt....
I dont even know where to begin figuring out THAT problem.

So, HTML guru's, why do I have borders in IE and no borders in Firefox??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
frames are obsolete.  you should use tables, if possible.

as for your HTML, you have the borders set to 0:

<frameset rows="109,*" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
 <frame name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="F2.htm" frameborder="YES" bordercolor="#000000" >
 <frameset cols="115,*" frameborder="YES" border="0" framespacing="0" rows="*" bordercolor="#000000">
   <frame name="leftFrame" noresize scrolling="NO" src="F3.htm" bordercolor="#000000" frameborder="YES">
   <frame name="mainFrame" src="F1.htm" frameborder="YES" bordercolor="#000000">

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
tables are obsolete....use css
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks guys!

As for frames being obsolete.....This is the first website I've ever made. Cut me some slack.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

now that just makes things too complicated.  tables are as simple as frames, but don't come with the related problems of displaying multiple HTML files with multiple URLs at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

you may want to look into iframes, though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
HTML is obsolete. look into flash!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top