Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 12:01:43 AM EDT
OK guys....

I need a simple, easy to figure out, CHEAP/FREE windows CAD program.  It just needs to do the basics (lines, circles, arcs, and DIMENSIONS) and have a fairly simple interface.  3D isn't required, or, for that matter, even really wanted.  This definitly falls under the "keep it simple for stupid people" category

This isn't for me (access to university computer labs with I-DEAS, Pro/E, and AutoCAD), but for a friend to do basic drawings so I can figure out exactly what it is I'm supposed to be making for him.

Freeware would be great, shareware would work, as long as the software is fairly cheap (under/around $50 or so)

So.....Any Ideas?  Google just turned up a buncha crap, and download.com didn't give me anything promising either.

Thanks!
-FOTBR
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
... GFYS there ain't none [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at [url=www.qcad.org]qcad[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... GFYS there ain't none [:D]
View Quote

DAMNIT!  I was coming to that conclusion too....

Really though, somewhere there has to be something that will let you make a simple 8.5"x11" drawing with lines and circles where ya want them with dimensions.....without having the pricetag of autocad (or worse)
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Take a look at [url=www.qcad.org]qcad[/url]
View Quote

Interesting......

$26 -- under buget
windows & linux  -- even better (I run linux on 3/4 of my machines, including the machine next to the mini-mill)
DXF and PS capabilities -- very nice

OK....This one's getting downloaded...we'll see how "easy to use" it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top