Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
A co-worker of mine got a call around 11:00 from a neighbor driving by his house, seems a raccoon was chasing his chickens around the yard.  I ran to my house, grabbed the 10/22, and hauled over to my buddy's place thinking the coon would be gone.  Nope, it was across the street wandering around a plowed field.  Two shots to the head and coony was belly up.  About 30 seconds later the Animal Control truck comes down the street and pulls into the drive.  We told him the coon he was looking for was in the field and recently deceased.  He said he was kind of pissed as this would have been his first fun of the day.  He did complain that the largest caliber they get to use on duty was .22.

For the hive:  Its a rural area, the backstop was secure, and a coon around houses during the day is not considered "healthy".  Kind of sucks going back to a desk job for the afternoon when lunch was that much fun.

Another Dude: 1
Coon: 0
Chickens, ducks, and golden retriever:  unaware
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A co-worker of mine got a call around 11:00 from a neighbor driving by his house, seems a raccoon was chasing his chickens around the yard.  I ran to my house, grabbed the 10/22, and hauled over to my buddy's place thinking the coon would be gone.  Nope, it was across the street wandering around a plowed field.  Two shots to the head and coony was belly up.  About 30 seconds later the Animal Control truck comes down the street and pulls into the drive.  We told him the coon he was looking for was in the field and recently deceased.  He said he was kind of pissed as this would have been his first fun of the day.  He did complain that the largest caliber they get to use on duty was .22.

For the hive:  Its a rural area, the backstop was secure, and a coon around houses during the day is not considered "healthy".  Kind of sucks going back to a desk job for the afternoon when lunch was that much fun.

Another Dude: 1
Coon: 0
Chickens, ducks, and golden retriever:  unaware

kinda sucks eating coon for lunch.... but that's just me!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually had the crab salad sandwich from Subway for lunch, so none of God's creatures were involved there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You have obviously never had BBQ raccoon
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Your right about being leery. A Raccoon out during the daytime is probably rabid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I actually had the crab salad sandwich from Subway for lunch, so none of God's creatures were involved there.

So true............I've had one of these sandwiches too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Your right about being leery. A Raccoon out during the daytime is probably rabid.

or at very least has lost its fear of humans, and thus is dangerous (more than usual)

shoot them.... for the children
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or at very least has lost its fear of humans, and thus is dangerous (more than usual)

shoot them.... for the children

I think the most dangerous thing was to order crab at a Subway...

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nor do I ever want to.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nor do I ever want to.  

ya.... i'm going to eat something that lives off garbage...........

and i'll serve him up in a toilet bowl from the 7-11 while i'm at it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So true............I've had one of these sandwiches too.

wait, wait,,the guy that made the sammich, SAW a fish once..that counts..
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I did get to "off" a possum two nights ago. My dog caught him, but the dog lost interest when he played possum. Anyhow, luckly I was there to finish what the dog started, just need to find a way for him not to run for the hills when he hears a gun. BTW it shouldn't have hurt his ears it was an Aguila SSS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top