Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:43:48 PM EDT
Whats a good brand to buy without all that crap in it.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Gartners Meats - Portland OR. Sorry, not very local but the best damn burger you shove down your pie hole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't trust any ground beef unless it was locally processed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just go to the local meat cutter and buy his!  Generally speaking it is better than "Branded" meat, which is generally "pumped" with saline solution in order to add weight and the appearance of juiciness!  Read the prepacked WalMart meat carefully, most if not all is 15% salt water!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Find and old hand turned meat grinder.  Best burgers and meatloaf ever.  Other than that if you have a Whole Foods or other hippie store they have great meat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Meijer's 96%/4%.  

The best local place is Jack's Fruit and Meat market.  Their ground sirloin is the best.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Ground chuck.  Never ground beef.   Chuck was a bad boy!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to the nearest butcher and get some ground Chuck. Ground Chuck is by far the best ground beef for burgers. Aviod the 93% lean crap at all costs. It tastes like cardboard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I had some ground bison from the healthfood store, if it weren't $5.99 a pound I'd never eat ground beef again it was so damn tasty and much better for you than beef.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gartners Meats - Portland OR. Sorry, not very local but the best damn burger you shove down your pie hole.

Never thought I'd see a reply like that in GD.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the 7% and 10% ground beef at the local safeways also.

They use all local cows.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Ground Chuck.....get it??     (OK, not my best, a little amateurish and childish....I'll do better!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top