Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 3:53:53 PM EDT
Took another multi-day course in THE SUN the past couple days.  (Tactical Rifle course at Trinity Tactical Institute, BTW- you guys should have been there).

Anyway, in the past, I have not focused hard enough on staying hydrated.  This weekend, I was sucking down cold Gatorade at every interval, and even though it was hot as hell, I am feeling MUCH better than I was after my last summer course.  

Oh, and I remembered the sunscreen this time, too.

Little things make life so much better.

Oh, and if any still don't have reddots (Mine is an EOTech 557, the drop compensated reticle is pretty sweet)- try them if you haven't yet.  Those of us with them were smoking those without (all experienced shooters) on acquisition times, especially at longer ranges.

Oh, and my 3X flip to side magnifier was almost considered cheating- one instructor asked me if I would shoot w/o it for awhile on the long range scrambles, so the times would be more fair.  LOL.  WORTH the money, for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top