Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 6:49:47 AM EDT
Are Galils available in the states (semi-auto, of course) and how much would I expect to pay for one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I checked more than a year ago, they were available only on "special order", price ranging about $1600.00 possible more today,for a semi only, the problem is that it was never really updated to the Crime bill specs. Galil is a trully military weapon, flash suppressor, folding stock, pistol grip, all those features are regulated by such bill. Hoever it is posible to get one with a "Thumb hole stock", but they are very rare.

karlozg
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
They are very rare indeed.  They are real beautiful rifles, but a bit on the heavy side. I manage to obtain one Pre-Ban .223 AR type from a gentleman last year for $2,300.00 and bought another one Pre-Ban .223 ARM type new unfired via the internet from a FFL dealer in Autin TX and that one cost me $2,800.00.....Both are well worth it, because I don't see many of those around for sale. They are true collector items.  Check Gunsamerica.com and I still saw some for sale from time to time, but don't let the price shock you.  Because they are expensive.

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=590726&a=9659323&p=33352239&Sequence=0[/img]
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Are galils the ultamate compromise between the AR and AK It seems to me the took the best features of each put it together and made there own rifle for someone who likes both it seems to be the way to go. except for the wt i hear they are real heavy
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
They really took nothing form the AR except the cartridge.  There are really no features from an AR on them.  They are an improved AK variant.  The original prototypes were made around Valmet receivers using modified Stoner 63 mags.  Eventually they settled on a milled receiver, which is why it's so heavy.  

Ross
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 2:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The Galil is one of my favorite rifles.

.308ARM's on my 2002 Xmas list along with Sig 550/1 & PatekPhillipe.

.308 25rd mags go for no less than $100.00.[:(]

Good thing I already have some!!!![:)]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Galil's are great.  The ones that came into this country have a level of fit and finish that shames most other manufacturers.

Personally, I prefer the Valmet due to it's lighter weight and better sights. (The Galil has an A1 style AR tipover rear)

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=32391342&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the eye candy DriftPunch.

Is that the rare 7.62X39 Valmet or the .223?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top