Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 7:13:11 PM EDT
I want to get a GMRS radio system. I need to have more infromation on the lisense. How much is it and how long does it last?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a look at the survival formum - sort of the defacto ham/FRS/GRMS place.

www.fcc.gov

$75
No test
5 years
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
$75  That is expensive to use a radio that will be outdated in 2 years.  That is more than the radios I want to buy.

Thanks for the infromation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited b/c they beat me too it.  Here's a more specific link.  Also, if you're using the GMRS for motor vehicle travel, I know some people don't worry about licenses for that.  It's damn near impossible for the FCC to triangulate a moving object and pinpoint it to a specific vehicle on the free way.  Plus, I doubt they're going to go through all that trouble b/c you didn't pay your $75 fee.  That's just what I've heard.

wireless.fcc.gov/services/personal/generalmobile/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top