Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 10:24:09 PM EDT
Well, there are only two boards I post on, this is one of them.  The other one won't let me delete my email, but this one does, so I am deleting my email from my profile.  

Basically, I just wanted anyone who notices my email is gone to know I still welcome contact from youse other shooters (y'all are pretty cool!), but until this web crawling for email addys stops, what can I say?  Anyone who wants to contact me via email, post and I will send it to you or whatever.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I wrong in assuming that webcrawlers can not easily access the email addresses because they are not directly on each message sent?  I know with regular news groups, I simply add something to my email address like jwhudgins.nospam.yahoo.com.  Most intelligent people can figure what needs to be removed but webcrawlers cannot.  I also only post using a disposable email address.  I typically only receive a couple of spams on my Yahoo account per year and I honestly can't remember the last time I received one on my main/personal email account.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top