Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2011 2:21:54 PM EDT
What do you think of Gillian Welch? I just discovered her today while listening to that "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" cd. She has an interesting voice and that Dave Rawlings guy she plays with is a heck of a guitar player.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about her stuff, but a search on YouTube brought me to a fun cover.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Huge fan of Old Crow Medicine Show, never heard of Gillian but will investigate.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I love her. Unfortunately, she hasn't put out an album in forever. Rawlings is an incredible player.

The David Rawlings Machine record is very good. Still, I like the focus on Gillian a bit better. Revival and Hell Among The Yearlings are my favorites of hers. Maybe in the next few years we'll see soemthing new from them under her name.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave Rawlings, Gillian and OCMS are always playing together here in town and if you ever have a chance, FO!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
i like the way she sounds. i am watching those two sing right now on net flicks. its a show of all the people playing on the cd live. its called down from the mountian.

stuck
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]
she's one of the good ones.  a lot of fun to listen to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top