Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 7:20:16 PM EDT
Ok a month ago I asked the question "would you date a co-worker"?  The majority of the people said it depends, about a quarter said yes and just under 20% said I better find a new job.

Normally I don't post my private life but since the date was going to be a 3 day long trip to a large city 300 miles away, I wanted a little feedback.  The trip went very well but here are some tips from my experience.

Tip 1:
No matter how much you prepare, after 72 hours together you will run out of things to talk about.  Plan ahead but learn to deal with silence.

Tip 2:
Have a plan and a back up plan for every hour of every day.  If something doesn't work out, you get lost, if you run late, she will end up staring at you wanting you to figure out what to do next.  If you have nothing, you will look like a loser for dragging her 300 miles and have nothing planned.  Driving in cirles, after a 300 mile drive is NOT acceptable.

Tip 3:
Even though you have never been to the location, you better know the directions and locations to every place you have a plan and a backup plan for.  Trying to go out for a relaxing night at a local club when you can't and then you can't find the club, will blow everything.  Luckily that didn't happen to me, I couldn't find the original club but I did find another one.

Tip 4:
DO NOT have your parents show up if at all possible!  If they will also be there, plan with them when you will see them before the trip.  That way you can plan "activities" around when your parents will show up and want to spend time with you.

Tip 5:
If this is your first date and it will last 3 days and you don't know the girl very well, do not be shocked if you find out she has major issues that go beyond the comprehension all people.  I mean issues that go way, way past the average issue and start to resemble something you might find in a deep dark corner of the internet.

Tip 6:
Finally, have as much wild, crazy, taboo sex on the trip that you can.  Then unless you two are a 100% match for each other, on the way home convince her that it would be best to end it now instead of dragging it out and risk having it get ugly at work.  It's just better and easier that way.

With that said, the trip went very well.  I still have my job and we still talk but nothing beyond that now.  For those that want to know, YES I would do it again in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you hit it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I dated a co-worker and married her.  We passed 10 years in March.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tip 3:
Even though you have never been to the location, you better know the directions and locations to every place you have a plan and a backup plan for.  Trying to go out for a relaxing night at a local club when you can't and then you can't find the club, will blow everything.  Luckily that didn't happen to me, I couldn't find the original club but I did find another one.
View Quote

First off HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!The Mitsubishi Raver Chick avatar is the funniest shit I've seen in a lonnnng while!

Tip3
Reminds me of a date I had a couple years back.
Took this fiiiine ass sista'from U of M to the Michigan State Fair. Ended up getting lost for an hour. When we left the fair, got lost looking for car in the makeshift lot for like 3 hours.

basically,
I got no nookie that night.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dated a co-worker and married her.  We passed 10 years in March.
View Quote

Glad to hear it worked out.  About an hour into our 72 hour date, I knew that this girl wasn't marriage material!  But she was still someone to have a fun trip with, which is what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We need pix's and more details.

Badredfish [devil]

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I still have my job and we still talk but nothing beyond that now.
View Quote

So I'm gueessing the ball gag, "cat-o-nine tails" and double ender did'nt go over so big, huh?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We need pix's and more details.
View Quote

Sorry don't have any pics from the trip and even if I did, I wouldn't post them.  I know what happens to pics when they get posted here.

Also you never know who is reading this site.  Since my username would be obvious to people I work with and they don't know any more than you do, I'm not posting anymore details.

There is plenty to boast about but I'll just repeat that it was a good trip and let you imply the details from my tips.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
You know...

posting a follow-up of "It was a good trip" really isn't acceptable.

After all, how many pages of advise was given in the original thread? huh?

People have been hung for less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top