Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2001 7:51:57 AM EDT
Any fisherman out there?

I cant waite to go fishing, The weather is giting warmer and fisning seson is all most here.
I will have to stop buying toys and start giting searias about fishing agin.  88  ;;  
#
This year I have a digital camera and will show you guys all the fish we catch.
Ok lets here frome the fishermen  
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1391821&a=11897768&p=42673739[/img]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yust a little minow I cought a wile back.
;'/
I cought that one with a SKS, Just tie some string to the barrel and there you go.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
bumb
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Does this picture show the bass in it's natural habitat?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but I am a throw back fishermen.
This is the only bass I have ever had monted.
I usaly fish salt water.  And only keep what I eat.... My favorit fish is Flonder.
I am surprised there are not more fisermen here. Must be tomany yung guys.
.    [>:/]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I look forward to fishing also.  I don't live for it but like to due it every other weekend maybe.  small rivers and big catfish. it relaxes me i guess
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I LOVE to fish. I always count down the days until the season opens.

Falcon2, we don't have those monster largemouths where I live, but we do have some fantastic smallmouth fishing. Here's a 5 lb 3 oz one I took a couple of years ago:

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1559131&a=11834393&p=42731251[/img]

Details:
Rifle: Remington 700 VS .308
Brass: Lapua
Bullet: Sierra 150 g Pro Hunter
Primer: Federal GM210M
Powder: 46.5 g IMR 4064
Distance: 540 yds - heart/lung shot
Water clarity: Clear
Winds: South east at 10 - 15 MPH
Waves: Less than 2 feet
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats about all california is good for cant wait for the upcoming tuna season.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I love to fish.   Started out fishing for trout in the Sierras using Powerbait.  It was too boring and not active enough, so I switched to using lures and spoons.  That was fun, but still the same - got a little boring sitting in a boat or on the shore of a lake casting.

Then, I discovered fly fishing on streams and I never looked back.

That's why I love the California mountains so much.  I used to be able to drive to Burro Canyon and shoot in the morning, have lunch and then go fish either the West or East forks of the San Gabriel all in the same day.   Now, since they closed Burro, I can't do that anymore, although I heard that there is some other range really close by.

Never had the opportunity to fish for bass, but I'd love to give it a go. I've heard that they are really fun to catch.  I guess part of the fly fishing thing with me is that I'm able to be outside in the mountains and in beautiful environment.  Can't stand to fish in "ugly" places.  

If I had to choose between my firearms or my flyrods, I'd be hard pressed to make a decision that I wouldn't later regret.

The best part is that as a fisherman, you get to pack heat when you are on stream.  It's a CA law that permits hunters and fisherman to carry concealed while practicing their sport.  Obviously designed to allow one to defend him or herself from the many wackos that you can run upon while fishing in the backcountry.  

I WOULD NOT, ever go into the backcountry without my pistol.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Why hell yeah!  Kinda cool for me right now though, I prefer to fish in the summer.  I mainly fish for Walleye, Small Mouth, and Catfish, though the Spring Brim fishing is good too.  I DO NOT under any circumstances fish for anything that 1. does not have a mouth full of teeth, or 2.does not have bony dorsal fins that stick the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I like to go for sturgeon and stripers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Try   fishingline.com
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice Bass!

Here are a couple of King Salmon...combat fishing at Montana Creek Alaska.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1454103&a=11911426&p=42770473&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
[:D]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1454103&a=11911426&p=42757916&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I live for Striper fishing.
Still have Striper in the freezer from last spring and fall.
I've caught them up to 50" although the smaller ones taste better.
Worst trip was in Mid-December in the Deleware Bay. 26 foot center console boat with no cabin or top. 4 foot waves, 36 degrees, 10-15 mph winds, out of beer, no fish biting and it starts raining-Hard. Because of the waves the normally 20 minute ride back to the dock took almost an hour. Never so cold in my life.

Best trip- everyone limited out with great tasting Stripers. Lengths 28"-48" (28 inches was the legal minimum with a limit of 2 fish per person and 1 extra fish with a tag) We were catching plenty of small Blues throughout the day. They are not my favorite eating fish.

Spend a good deal of the summer fishing for Weak Fish and Flounder. Also catch plenty of Kingfish and Croakers.
Once my buddy gets his boat back into the water the fishing starts. He's waiting for his marina to get the docks in the water.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
yes, i feel it too !  tuna come soon !
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I like to fish for Halibut and Salmon in Salt water, Trout, Salmon, and Dolly Varden in Fresh water. I keep a few Halibut, but return the rest. I think I like just being out, it's real nice here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I grew up fishing and hunting.  I fish mainly
saltwater though.  I have been fishing Trinity
bay and the Galveston waters since I was a tot.
My only problem is that the boat I bought a couple of years ago has a Mercury outboard on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 2:22:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi guys. Dangerousdan I wade fish Trinty Bay for trout and flonder. I go in at McCula Park.
Bear Hunter I would love to see Alaska, Thous are big fish.
Mantis that is a nice smale mouth.
D Dan mabe I will see you out there in the bay this year. I salt water fish all over Galviston area to.  Trinity Bay is my favorit spot.
......... Falcon out ...........
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 3:51:17 AM EDT
[#19]
FISH TRMBLE AT THE MENTION OF MY NAME
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FISH TRMBLE AT THE MENTION OF MY NAME
View Quote

I TOO SLAY THE GILLED ONES.  FROM THE IDES OF JUNE THROUGH AUTUMN, THE GULF STREAM RUNS RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THOSE SCALED (pronounced "scay-led") CREATURS FROM DEEP.

Princeton,

Ever fish for rock on the outer banks?
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Can't wait to get on "the Big Muddy" (MS river) and catch some good whites, hybrids, stripers, catfish, and whatever else I can get ahold of.
        [:p]
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey Falcon2,

I live in Baytown and have my boat garaged over in the big city of Anahuac.  You ever waded out in that direction?
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Hay Dangerous, We need to hook up.
I fish Trinity Bay neer the spill way off Spur 55.  .   ........................................That is back there twoard the drag strip. .
I use a bate shop out there called Crawles.
Have you been there?  You can E mail me if you like. ........... Lets go fishing. ...........
......Falcon out. .......
           [flag]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top