Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:00:35 PM EDT
Okay I believe this is totally reactionary to last year's High School students claiming that the Bill of Rights [particularly the first amendment] was no longer necessary but my son has to write an essay on the First Amendment. The outline for the essay hints at the necessary need for the following:

1: The History of the Amendment [which I can only assume is what the reactionary need our fore fathers felt for having it

2: Debate on the Amendment [which I believe means debates in our courts that hold substance]

3: Personal Reflection.

Anyway, my son is writing an essay on the above criteria and any input that he can research would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

[too bad it wasn't on the 2nd Amendment!]

Patty
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:06:36 PM EDT
The Federalist Papers
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:
Okay I believe this is totally reactionary to last year's High School students claiming that the Bill of Rights [particularly the first amendment] was no longer necessary but my son has to write an essay on the First Amendment. The outline for the essay hints at the necessary need for the following:

1: The History of the Amendment [which I can only assume is what the reactionary need our fore fathers felt for having it

2: Debate on the Amendment [which I believe means debates in our courts that hold substance]

3: Personal Reflection.

Anyway, my son is writing an essay on the above criteria and any input that he can research would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

[too bad it wasn't on the 2nd Amendment!]

Patty

I thought the brainwashing didn't start until college......the commies are really taking over!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:50 PM EDT
You have no idea!
Top Top