Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 5:47:28 PM EDT
How does it end? Specifically the last 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:08:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:47:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sylvan:
He comes to the realization that he and Tyler are the same person. He then shoots himself in the head to kill Tyler and get together with Marla.
in the meanwhile, destroys the headquarters of every credit card company.
Cue the Pixies.
roll credits.

Are you serious?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:47:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

He comes to the realization that he and Tyler are the same person. He then shoots himself in the head to kill Tyler and get together with Marla.
Cue the Pixies.
roll credits.

Are you serious?

yeah, cool flick. Too bad it's ruined.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:35:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Cue the Pixies.
roll credits.

Are you serious?

yeah, cool flick. Too bad it's ruined.

+1,000,000 That is the suxxor.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:52 PM EDT

insert "A great big Cock"
Cue the Pixies.
roll credits.

better now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:15:39 AM EDT
The last fight he has with Tyler, by the van, has a GREAT line
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:47:27 AM EDT
I didn't know what that movie was about until I saw it. The first time I watched it I was like, "WTF!?"

Then I watched about a dozen more times. Great movie... just really bizzare. Made me want to go out and get into "friendly" fights to see how much I could endure. Never did though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:05:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:10:21 PM EDT
If you think the movie's cool, try the book.

then read "Monster", also by Chuck...

You don't find out what is realy screwed up with that chick until halfway through the book.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:30:15 PM EDT
I actually liked the movie better than the book. In the book, the schizophrenia came off more "Me, Myself, and Irene" than the slick two people at the same time that they pulled off in the movie.

And Sylvan's right, it must be seen multiple times to be appreciated. You catch more and more "clues" every time. My favorite one - on the payphone: "Who is this?" he replies "Tyler(?)" It's almost as if the question mark isn't there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:47:38 PM EDT
... It's a fine movie, agreed - it must be seen more than once
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:01:23 PM EDT
Um, why don't you try watching the last 20 minutes and see for yourself?

Fight Club is one of my favorite movies. Tried reading the book, but couldn't get past page three. The author is from my hometown, but that didn't make his (lack of) writing ability any more palatable.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:20:01 PM EDT
One of my favorites also.

captainpooby, you really screwed the pooch asking this question though.

It really does need to be watched many times to get all the idiosyncrasies.

GM
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:44:13 AM EDT
I like how when he gets in a fight and loses to a COMPLETE STRANGER, his opponent is himself. Most excellent.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:49:09 AM EDT
I borrowed the disc, I'll watch the last bit this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:36:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:
I like how when he gets in a fight and loses to a COMPLETE STRANGER, his opponent is himself. Most excellent.

Wow, I never caught that... I need to rent this again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:48:04 AM EDT
"For some reason, I was reminded of my first fight with Tyler."

Another one of the great 'clues'.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:05:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:19:43 PM EDT
The Rules of Fight Club.

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
I read the book after I saw the movie. It just didn't measure up overall IMHO. There were some great parts that didn't make it in the movie, but overall I liked the movie better. I have read a couple of his other books since (Choke, Survivor, Diary) and enjoyed them though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:50:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:48:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tweeter:
If you think the movie's cool, try the book.

then read "Monster", also by Chuck...

You don't find out what is realy screwed up with that chick until halfway through the book.

+1!

Palahniuk is a amazing author. Extremely readable and enjoyable books, even if they tend to leave me freaked out for quite some time...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:53:12 PM EDT
Yall are breaking the first and most important rule of Fight Club
DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:00:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hydroshok:

"You said that you would definately say that."
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:02:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:

Originally Posted By hydroshok:

"You said that you would definately say that."

Breaking the Second Rule of Fight Club again I see.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:51:09 AM EDT
Anyone else think this:
Brad Pitt was the alter ego of Edward Nortons character, the dirty side. Do you believe that Helena Bohnam Carter was the alter ego/dirty side of someone else? But since that's all he ever saw her as (like when she's in his apartment the next morning), that's all we saw of her? When he's himself (Ed Norton), he only sees the dirty side of her, and can't see the "female Ed Norton" side of her.
Hmmmm?
Who do you think would have been a "good side" ego for Helena Bohnam Carter?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:39:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:33:02 PM EDT
I'd outlet my lust on Helena Bohnam Carter, and whoever her "good alter ego" is too!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:07:38 AM EDT
The homoeroticism of that movie was way over the top, but it was still good. "Operation Latte Thunder"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:34:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:45:00 AM EDT
Well there are a couple references by Marla to possible bisexuality. She offers to let him borrow the $1 Bridesmaid's dress, then when she sees the lye scar on his hand, she asks it the "person" who did it was a guy or a girl. He may be able to fuck her brains out; but he's such a nutcase, she's not even sure of his sexual orientation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:54:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
The homoeroticism of that movie was way over the top, but it was still good. "Operation Latte Thunder"

I have heard people talk about the homoeroticism, but I have seen the movie about 20 times and it simply isn't there.
That very fit brad pitt (and not so fit Edward Norton) are seen shirtless a lot isn't a homoerotic thing. Its merely a reality of someone who is in shape for fighting. And since Pitt and Norton's character are the same person, be hard to judge the relationship as homosexual (maybe narcisitic).
The whole idea of the movie is destroy what society thinks of as "normal". That would included the interaction between heterosexual men.
BTW, if it was gay, I don't think Marla would have replied, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school"

You've got to be kidding. First off, the author Chuck Palahiuk [sic] is gay. Scenes where Jack and Tyler are living a life of domestic bliss together until that slag Marla shows up and ruins everything for Jack. That scene where Tyler was bathing in front of Jack and he makes a comment about "I wonder if another woman is what we really need in our lives", although he asked it rhetorically. Then the part where Jack becomes jealous of the blonde haired kid because Tyler seems to be showing him more attention, so Jack beats the living crap out of him.

All of this is before we find out Tyler/Jack is the same person. It's so freaking gay.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:01:03 PM EDT
Top Top