Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2001 5:27:17 AM EDT
Me??? I've "been around" you might say.

Patriots - I AM from New England originally.

Jets - I was young and foolish.

Saints - Dutring the early 80's, as a result of my frustration with the Patriots. I was also experimneting with LSD at the time. [}:D]

Raiders - gotta love their slogan "A commitment to excellence." Also, at the time, they were the baddest thing going. And a good friend of mine was a Ray-dis fan.

What's yours??? Or are you sick of pro sports and the NFL???
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
NY GIANTS. (...boy, do I miss Phil Sims.)
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Da Bucs![8D]

If they would stop this BS in pre-season.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
GIANTS!!!!!!!!i usually go to about 6 games a year. went to the philly & minnesota playoff games last year. KILLER!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to like the cowboys, but Jerry Jones is killing the team I used to like. He thinks he can coach the team, but he knows nothing about football.

As of right now i'm rooting for the Eagles because everyone seems to push them to the side because they have a bunch of no name players, plus they are just fun to watch. Thats my bet for this season.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Bengals from my youth. I really liked Kenny Amderson. Boomer Esiason was a good one too. I have really been following the Jaguars lately though. I just like an expansion team that kicks ass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#7]
In the good years and bad I've stayed with the Pack. Since 1960.

Hey Garandmand:
A persons quality of life is in direct proportion to their committment to excellence. No matter what their chosen endeavor. Vincent T. Lombardi.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
America's Team - the [blue]Dallas Cowboys[/blue], of course.[BD]

It's gonna be a pretty miserable year, however, and that wouldn't be too bad, except that the one silver lining out of a bad year, draft picks for next year, is one area (among many) that the Cowboys' owner, Jerry Jones, has NEVER been good at doing.

Eric The(SoMuchForRebuilding)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I met the following people on a USO tour in
197(?) when I was a tyke:

Carl Eller
Jack Lambert (Yes, THAT Jack [steelers] Lambert)
Amahd Rashad
Steve Grogan (was a first year rookie)

And me favorite team be the Miami Dolphins.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Always been a Miami Dolphins fan and always will be.  I would (and did!) change religious beliefs before changing team loyalties. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]www.phinzone.com/ken.gif[/img]
Season tickets on the 50 too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Foozball?  I guess I'll have to say the Dead Skins.   They might win 2 or 3 games this year if they play like they have in preseason.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Giants.  You've gotta be a masochist to love the Giants. They lose the easy ones, win the games they shouldn't, and if they're up by 21 with 2 minutes to play, you can't turn the game off, becasue there's still plenty of time to blow it.

Yes, I root for the Giants...and whoever is playing Dallas.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#14]
The Washinton Redsins.  I was born in D.C.  Been following them sinsce the days of the "Hogs"!  Will we ever see another back like John Riggins?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't root for any of the pro teams! I watch the BENGALS!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Any teams but the Cowboys! (Sorry TX, I am a Redskins fan).
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#17]
[purple]VIKINGS BABY![/purple]

Daunte's inferno seeks to lay waste to the NFL this year!

Oh man, I gotta calm down.

[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]
[size=6][b][i][green]New York Jets[/green][/i][/b][/size=6]

Am I the only Jets fan here? Excellent group of wideouts, new West-Coast style offense, Running Backs are all excellent, Offensive Line remains solid. The offense should rack up some points this year. I'm predicting they at least make the playoffs and beat the Dolphins of course.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you guys know how hard it is to be the only guy employed by a large sportsbar that doesn't give a rat's arse about football? I have always felt like it was a great big distraction (something like the fall of the Roman Empire). I doubt that it is the case with the stellar folks here, but next time your watching Monday Night Football, ask some of the guys at the bar who their Senator is. Who's UN Secretary General? Where are US troops confiscating weapons right now? What was the Missouri Compromise? Then ask who the Seahawks third string QB is. How many rushing yards does OJ Simpson have? How tall is Doug Flutie? Guess which questions will remain unanswered. I relucatantly root for any team that isn't the 49er's,Raiders,Cowboys, or Packers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#20]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbears%2Egif[/img]

[size=6]DA-BEARS !!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#21]
[purple] [b] [size=6] GO VIKES! [/purple] [/b] [/size=6] nuff said
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Been a Raiders fan since '76 when The Snake, Dave Casper, and Fred Biletnikoff were the offensive terrors of the NFL.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#24]
My two favorite teams are the Titans and whoever is playing the cowboys.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you guys know how hard it is to be the only guy employed by a large sportsbar that doesn't give a rat's arse about football? I have always felt like it was a great big distraction (something like the fall of the Roman Empire). I doubt that it is the case with the stellar folks here, but next time your watching Monday Night Football, ask some of the guys at the bar who their Senator is. Who's UN Secretary General? Where are US troops confiscating weapons right now? What was the Missouri Compromise? Then ask who the Seahawks third string QB is. How many rushing yards does OJ Simpson have? How tall is Doug Flutie? Guess which questions will remain unanswered. I relucatantly root for any team that isn't the 49er's,Raiders,Cowboys, or Packers.
View Quote

A lot of sports fans are basically 3D versions of Barney Gumble (BRAAAP!). They couldn't give a rat's ass about what lies beyond the bottom of their beer bottles or what's on the bar TV (UUURRRP!). Welcome to the new Rome- bread and circuses anyone?

As for pro football, I grew up in Foxborough, MA, home of Da Pats, AKA the losingest team in the NFL, the New England Patriots. The town basically sold its soul to the devil to get the Pats: "Oh boy- free tickets! Dey gonna pay for our schools- think of the chiiiildren!", and was then loaded down with major organised crime and drug crime problems after that. Pats players could get into fights, car crashes, do drugs and hit women around in motels on Rte 1, and nobody said boo (info from my late uncle a Foxborough cop). We could also always tell when it was half-time at the games: the water level in the toilets in town would go up and down due to the loss of water pressure from all the drunks pissing their brains out into Schaefer Stadium's toilets.

(Oh well, at least they bothered to flush.....)

Doug Flutie: endorsed Hillary Clinton BIG-TIME in the NY senatorial election. Photographed with her- Boston Glob (liberal rag) made a big deal of it. Humph- Massachusetts boy gone bad.

No, I'm not exactly a football fan (insert eye-rolling icon here)....

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Im obligated to be a Cowboys fan. I like them a lot better since we got rid of that crybaby Troy Aikman, I can't stand him.

I work with a guy that was a quarterback for the 49ers, Washington, New England and I think he said either the Bills or Giants...I can't remember. He got a superbowl ring with Washington in 1983 I think. Pretty cool working with a guy like that even though he wasn't a superstar or anything like that. He has a lot of cool "behind the scene" stories that are pretty fascinating. His name is Tom Owen if anybody cares.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#29]
DA boys...... they have elevated themselves to not only Americas team but Mexico now also....jeeze you just got to love them.

edited to say: holy shit i broke 100.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NY GIANTS. (...boy, do I miss Phil Sims.)
View Quote

you can watch little Chris Simms this Saturday help destroy the Texas longhorns football team. im sorry but he sucks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#31]

[size=6]DA-BEARS !!![/size=6]
View Quote

Yeah...I remember these guys...did a cute little rap video after "lucking" their way into the super bowl in '85... [puke]

Jim McWhahhhhhhhhon....what a chump..er champ.

If I remember correctly that was one of the worst superbowls ever? (Other than the FOUR my Vikes lost)
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#33]
OK, memo to dolphin fan....ENJOY DAVE WHINESTEDT !!!!

and to viking fan....I'll listen to you when your purple bunch-O-panzies actually win the big one.    always a bridesmaid huh[:D]

[size=6]DA-BEARS!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Jaguars... I was living in Jacksonville when they got the expansion, been a fan ever since.

-RyanG
[flag]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I am stubbs; AR15.com's only [b]STEELERS[/b] fan.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#36]
No matter where I go I always root for my hometown team the Redskins.

On the other hand I used to care about when a player got hurt then while I child I absorbed my Dad's atittude which was these guys will make more in one year than he, an engineer, ever would and are just entertainers.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#37]
[yellow]Kansas City[/yellow] [red]Chiefs[/red]!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I have always been a Cowboys fan, first and foremost, through thick and thin (pretty thin right now eh?). I used to be a Colt's fan, but since they left their home town, they are a bunch of flamin homo's. However, since Cleveland was too cheap to build a stadium 7 or so years ago for their "beloved" Browns, I've become a total Ravens fan! Last year was a trip!!!!  This year they should be even stronger than last, even without Jamal Lewis. As for you Vikes fans, we'll be seeing you on Monday Night Football soon enough. I'll be 30 rows up in the lower section, right behind your Vikes (Yikes!).  I hope they don't bleed on us too much....    [;D]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/Px/O0/By/JR55278.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OK, memo to dolphin fan....ENJOY DAVE WHINESTEDT !!!!
View Quote

I enjoyed the fact that he gave us what both Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula failed to give us in the previous six years: a division championship...and what they also failed to give us in the previous EIGHT years, an 11-win regular season.
I think Bears fans are going to find that the Bears front office had a lot more to do with their problems than Dave Wannstedt did.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#40]
[blue]Dallas Cowboy![/blue]

[(:|)]artbell[(:|)]

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS, BABY!

BTW, they're going to the superbowl this year. Just so ya know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
The COLTS!!!!!!!!  I also have had season tix for a long time. I cant wait for the day when the Colts have been in Indy longer than that open sewer baltimore.
Gus, feel free to lick my scrotum. [+]:D]
[img]http://www.colts.com/Interactive_2000/PhotoGallery/082401_Vikings/25JB5992.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#43]
How bout those fins!

BKVic
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think Bears fans are going to find that the Bears front office had a lot more to do with their problems than Dave Wannstedt did.
View Quote

You are correct Sir !!!!!  I agree. I think Wannstedt was not given the support or resources he needed to be effective, but I also think he is a great defensive coach and he didn't choose his support staff wisely(offensive side)
Untill the Mcrapsky's give up control and let a real football person take over, Papa Bear Halas will continue to turn in his grave.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]
The only team that matters- THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Always had soft spot for The Pack, especially after one of my high school teammates was drafted by them 1969. Had some lean years. Liked the cowboys untill J.J. and J.J. screwed them up. Never liked Marino and J.J. was just another strike against them.Loved the old Redskins and Riggins. Pulling for The Pack again now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#47]
The BROWNS!

Hey Gus, that was just a ploy to get rid of Modell (spit)
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#48]
[orange][size=6]DOLPHINS RULE / NUFF SAID[/orange][/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The Denver Broncos, 5 Superbowl appearances in 25 years. I think they will win the AFC West this year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top