Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 10:45:52 AM EDT
Anyone see the F22, B2, and F117 flying in formation over the Rose Parade? That was the first time I have seen live footage of it "in public".

Anyone know what the 'real' specs are for it -- such as top speed, service ceiling, etc? Or know of a good website source for info on it? (Not the "official" government sites that leave most of the real specs out.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone see the F22, B2, and F117 flying in formation over the Rose Parade? That was the first time I have seen live footage of it "in public".

Anyone know what the 'real' specs are for it -- such as top speed, service ceiling, etc? Or know of a good website source for info on it? (Not the "official" government sites that leave most of the real specs out.)
View Quote

And an additional question. A friend of mine said that a show on the history channel said that the Raptor was used(for combat missions) durring the latest ass kicking of Iraq is that true? I need to know cuz I got money ridding on it not seeing action in Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
the raptor is in service.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the raptor is in service.
View Quote

When they were talking about it during the parade they said it wouldn't enter service until 2005. Not that they ever have a clue.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think Elmendorf AFB is supposed to get a Raptor squadron.  Can't wait to see those bad boys in real life [:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The Raptor is indeed in service, but at the moment there are not enough of them (production units) to make up a whole squadron yet.  Production last I read is something on the order of one aircraft per month.

The Raptors that are in service are all assigned to a training detachment, because not only do the pilots need to be trained on how to fly it, the ground crews have to learn how to maintain it, etc.

There are no Raptors operating out of CONUS - that I'm sure of.

-Gator
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
There are no operational Raptor squadrons.

Edwards AFB is researching and developing the F-22.

The 53rd Wing’s 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron at Nellis AFB is testing the F-22.

The Air Force's 325th Fighter Wing at Tyndal AFB is the F-22 training command, they have the first production versions of the F-22.

The first Raptor squadron is scheduled to be operational in 2005.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the Raptor.[cool]

AMRAAM
SidewinderX with HMS

and soon

a LASER!
the Solid State Heat Capacity Laser
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The F-22, F-117 and B-2 flew over my house after the 2nd pass over the Rose Parade.

F-22 IOC is scheduled for the summer of 2004.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Combat is the ultimate training scenario. It would certainly be possible to stage a few missions in Iraq. I can't say whether or not the F-22 has seen combat, I just don't know. However, if I were involved in the F-22 program, I would be screaming to send some aircraft into combat, just to get hard data on it's combat performance and deployability.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
[url=http://www.f22-raptor.com/index0.html]Raptor[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shhh try Jane's or the Chinese Embassy.  I wouldn't be surprised if the gummint is trying to keep the "real" specs private, wouldn't want the [s] Russians or Chinese ooops I mean [/s] taxpayers to find out would we???
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
They fly here all the time, out of Dobbins AFB, just north of Atlanta.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
That's because they build the F-22 there at Lockheed.
No squadrons, no testing, no development, just build, check-fly and leave.

Also sharing the Dobbins runway is Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems. Defense Plant Representative Office No. 6. Lockheed is building the Air Force's F-22 advanced Fighter there.
View Quote

Quoted:
They fly here all the time, out of Dobbins AFB, just north of Atlanta.
Semper Fi
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top