Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:09:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:22:41 AM EST
I've seen that one - good site. I should have posted that to the ninny mommas who were crying to renew the ban the other night. They had me so
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:30:40 AM EST
That is my site by the way. I created it for the exact reasons Persephone mentioned... I got tired of trying to explain it in online debates so I just made a webpage so I could do a quick link to an explanation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
That is my site by the way. I created it for the exact reasons Persephone mentioned... I got tired of trying to explain it in online debates so I just made a webpage so I could do a quick link to an explanation.

Cool!!!!!!

you rock!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:33:16 AM EST
I'll make it easy:

What ban?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:39:05 AM EST

You may want to change the first page then.
It's technically incorrect.
The law wasn't repealed, it expired without renewal.

Minor difference, I know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:42:27 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great site! I appreciate your time and effort in creating this informative site. There will be many people around the country today researching the AWB. Many will come across AR15.com while looking for answers, and I hope they will see your site and get informed on the facts. There is so much disinformation being broadcasted the last several days, I'm sure people are forming opinions based on these lies. They need to know the truth, thanks again Mr. Roberts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:27:01 AM EST
Thanks to everyone here who educated a friend or acquaintance, wrote letters to their newspapers, Senators and Congressmen, did Flash presentations to explain it, listened to CSPAN for hours on end, etc. etc.

I was around for the first ban, so I knew what the media would be doing this time around. I'm glad that the site helped educate some - I even got contacted by several reporters writing stories on the ban so hopefully it helped to mitigate some of the misinformation being put out by Feinstein and friends.

However, it is still just one site out of hundreds that helped inform and educate on the subject. By itself, it may not have done a lot; but the combined effort was enough to override the major media and face down three separate attempts to renew the ban this year.

It was definitely a team effort
Top Top