Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/7/2001 5:55:25 PM EST
I'm moving from Lancaster (northern LA County) up the 14 freeway to California City (southern Kern County). Not the move out of state I was hoping for (still in the works), but at least I've made it further out into the desert away from LA and the San Andreas fault. I'll probably be attending even fewer Highpower matches in the LA area now that the drive has increased by another 45 minutes, so I'm looking for new opportunities for both competitive shooting and plinking. Does the Sheriff of Kern County issue CCWs to just plain folks, or do I have to show "need?" Any advice from the other resident desert rats would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:00:12 PM EST
Yes, I believe that is one of the counties that have increased issuance of CCW in CA. There are quite a few of them up there, Placer being another one if memory serves me rightBeing a county in CA however, you do have to show "need". Remember, CA is not a shall issue state. You might be able to find a local Police Chief that might sign of on it too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:34:54 PM EST
The word in Kern County is that if you live outside a city, you can apply to the County Sheriff, and for a "good reason", he'll issue a cc permit. This is what the owner of my local gun store says.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:56:02 PM EST
All you have to do is remember one thing, the names "Snake" Snake bliskin.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:43:15 AM EST
I thought it was "Pliskin." btt
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:23:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By MEF: I thought it was "Pliskin." btt
View Quote
You know what I meant [pissed]
Top Top