Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 12:34:48 PM EDT
So, I've just moved into an older house and there are no outlets outside.  I'd like to get at least one in the back near the porch. It's a brick home, and burying a new line is too much disruption (it's a rental).  The attic has circular open vents all along the underside of the roof at about 2 inch intervals.  I think a line could be run from the attic and out through one of those and then down the side of the house.  My problem and question is, I'd like to do this myself, but have no idea how to.  I'll get an electrician to do it in a heartbeat, but wanted to see if I ought to even consider doing this myself first and where I could find out how to.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

--ZERO
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Our house is brick also.  Our outside receptacle was put in by locating it on the opposite side of an inside receptacle.  There is a hole through the mortar through which the splice passes and then an outlet box is anchored to the brick.  I wouldn't jury rig it the way you described.  If you are going to do it, do it right.

-Nuke

Editged to add : I don't know if ours was done right either, that is just the way it was when we bought the place.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If you were going to do that I'd suggest hiring someone or using an extension cord!  =P  =)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top